- 1 What countries did the Bible take place?
- 2 Who actually wrote the Bible?
- 3 What are the 14 books removed from the Bible?
- 4 What time period does the Bible cover?
- 5 Where was the Garden of Eden located?
- 6 What is Canaan called today?
- 7 Who Discovered God?
- 8 Did King James change the Bible?
- 9 How long was a year in the Old Testament?
- 10 What books of the Bible are missing?
- 11 How long after Jesus died was the Bible written?
- 12 What is the most accurate Bible?
- 13 How many generations were there from Adam to Jesus?
- 14 How long ago did Adam and Eve live?
- 15 How many years were between Adam and Eve and Jesus birth?
What countries did the Bible take place?
|Biblical name||Mentioned in||Country Name|
|Dedan||Ezekiel 38:13||Saudi Arabia|
|En-gannim||Joshua 19:21||Palestinian territories|
Who actually wrote the Bible?
According to both Jewish and Christian Dogma, the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy (the first five books of the Bible and the entirety of the Torah) were all written by Moses in about 1,300 B.C. There are a few issues with this, however, such as the lack of evidence that Moses ever existed
What are the 14 books removed from the Bible?
The section contains the following:
- 1 Esdras (Vulgate 3 Esdras)
- 2 Esdras (Vulgate 4 Esdras)
- Judith (“Judeth” in Geneva)
- Rest of Esther (Vulgate Esther 10:4 – 16:24)
- Ecclesiasticus (also known as Sirach)
- Baruch and the Epistle of Jeremy (“Jeremiah” in Geneva) (all part of Vulgate Baruch)
What time period does the Bible cover?
Paul in the New Testament says that the 430 years covers the entire period from Abraham to the exodus. The Exodus (AM 2666) occurs exactly two-thirds of the way through the 4,000 years from the Creation to the rededication of the Temple in 164 BCE, marking it as the pivotal event of the chronology.
Where was the Garden of Eden located?
The water from the garden was the water-source for the two great rivers: Tigris and Euphrates, which are well-known in ancient Mesopotamia for the production of irrigation systems in the surrounding area. Its location then should be placed somewhere in Mesopotamia.
What is Canaan called today?
The land known as Canaan was situated in the territory of the southern Levant, which today encompasses Israel, the West Bank and Gaza, Jordan, and the southern portions of Syria and Lebanon.
Who Discovered God?
Speaking to a packed audience Wednesday morning in Geneva, CERN director general Rolf Heuer confirmed that two separate teams working at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) are more than 99 percent certain they’ve discovered the Higgs boson, aka the God particle—or at the least a brand-new particle exactly where they
Did King James change the Bible?
Not only was it the first ‘people’s Bible,’ but its poetic cadences and vivid imagery have had an enduring influence on Western culture. In 1604, England’s King James I authorized a new translation of the Bible aimed at settling some thorny religious differences in his kingdom—and solidifying his own power.
How long was a year in the Old Testament?
In ancient times, twelve thirty-day months were used making a total of 360 days for the year. Abraham, used the 360-day year, which was known in Ur. The Genesis account of the flood in the days of Noah illustrated this 360-day year by recording the 150-day interval till the waters abated from the earth.
What books of the Bible are missing?
Contents of The Lost Books of the Bible
- The Protevangelion.
- The Gospel of the Infancy of Jesus Christ.
- The Infancy Gospel of Thomas.
- The Epistles of Jesus Christ and Abgarus King of Edessa.
- The Gospel of Nicodemus (Acts of Pilate)
- The Apostles’ Creed (throughout history)
- The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Laodiceans.
How long after Jesus died was the Bible written?
Written over the course of almost a century after Jesus’ death, the four gospels of the New Testament, though they tell the same story, reflect very different ideas and concerns. A period of forty years separates the death of Jesus from the writing of the first gospel.
What is the most accurate Bible?
The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT) is a translation of the Bible published by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society.
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.
|New World Translation|
|Complete Bible published||1961|
|Textual basis||OT: Biblia Hebraica. NT: Westcott & Hort.|
How many generations were there from Adam to Jesus?
The reading “son of Aminadab, son of Aram,” from the Old Testament is well attested. The Nestle-Aland critical edition, considered the best authority by most modern scholars, accepts the variant “son of Aminadab, son of Admin, son of Arni,” counting the 76 generations from Adam rather than God.
How long ago did Adam and Eve live?
They used these variations to create a more reliable molecular clock and found that Adam lived between 120,000 and 156,000 years ago. A comparable analysis of the same men’s mtDNA sequences suggested that Eve lived between 99,000 and 148,000 years ago1.
How many years were between Adam and Eve and Jesus birth?
day of October 4004 BCE, according to the Julian calendar. The time from Adam to Noah, at the time of the flood, is 1,656 years. Add subsequent genealogies found in Genesis chapters 10 and 11 and then the time from Jesus to the present equals approximately 6,000 years.