- 1 Why should we stand up for ourselves?
- 2 What does the Bible say about standing up for injustice?
- 3 What does the Bible say about overworking yourself?
- 4 What does God say about taking care of yourself?
- 5 Why do I struggle to stand up for myself?
- 6 How can I stand up for myself without being defensive?
- 7 Is injustice a sin?
- 8 What does Jesus say about hypocrites?
- 9 Can Christians defend themselves?
- 10 What does the Bible say about being too generous?
- 11 What does the Bible say about not working?
- 12 What does the Bible say about work?
- 13 Does God want us to help ourselves?
- 14 What are examples of self-care?
- 15 What are some self-care ideas?
Why should we stand up for ourselves?
Candidly letting others know what you need and desire or how you feel demonstrates personal dignity, self-confidence and respect for yourself. Learning to calmly stand up for yourself can be immensely gratifying, hence improving your self esteem and making those you love feel respected and heard as well.
What does the Bible say about standing up for injustice?
Leviticus 19:15 — “You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor.” Amos 5:24 — “But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.” (This scripture was often quoted by Dr.
What does the Bible say about overworking yourself?
Even when overwork is done for godly reasons rather than worldly, it is still destructive in many ways. That is why Jethro said to Moses, when he saw Moses overworking in God’s service, “What you are doing is not good” (Exodus 18:13-24).
What does God say about taking care of yourself?
No, the Bible does not tell us, in so many words, to practice self-care. But taking care of yourself is assumed, a given. The Bible says to “love your neighbor as you love yourself” (Mark 12:31 NIV). But it is a given that we will take care of ourselves, that we do treat ourselves with love and consideration.
Why do I struggle to stand up for myself?
You likely overcommit yourself at work e.g. working long hours, taking too much on etc. You feel lost or directionless. You avoid confrontation at all costs. You might feel guilty when you do manage to stand up for yourself.
How can I stand up for myself without being defensive?
There are other ways to stand up for yourself without being so blunt in your reply and therefore does not sound defensive. Here are 4 tips.
- Stay calm and use a calm tone.
- Communicate your perspective without saying they are wrong.
- Give an olive branch.
- Support your perspective with facts.
Is injustice a sin?
We live in a world of injustice. And the Bible also directly diagnoses the root of injustice: sin. Injustice is any act that violates God’s moral law. Since God is holy and righteous, he requires that all people live righteously, and his perfect justice demands punishment for any violation of his law.
What does Jesus say about hypocrites?
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and everything unclean.
Can Christians defend themselves?
Correia often invokes Scripture to argue that in the event of an attack, a Christian has a right to self-defense. He pointed to the book of Nehemiah, contending that the biblical figure encouraged private citizens to arm themselves in self-defense while rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem.
What does the Bible say about being too generous?
2 Corinthians 9:10-15
You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.
What does the Bible say about not working?
“But there’s also, you know, in the Scripture, tells us in 2 Thessalonians chapter 3:10 he says, uh, ‘for even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: if a man will not work, he shall not eat.
What does the Bible say about work?
Colossians 3:22 says, “You who are servants who are owned by someone, obey your owners. Work hard for them all the time, not just when they are watching you. Work for them as you would for the Lord because you honor God.” When we obey the authority figures in our life, we are ultimately serving Christ.
Does God want us to help ourselves?
To the statement “The Bible teaches that God helps those who help themselves“; 53% of Americans agree strongly, 22% agree somewhat, 7% disagree somewhat, 14% disagree strongly, and 5% stated they don’t know. Of “born-again” Christians 68% agreed, and 81% of non “born-again” Christians agreed with the statement.
What are examples of self-care?
- Develop a regular sleep routine.
- Aim for a healthy diet.
- Take lunch breaks.
- Go for a walk at lunchtime.
- Take your dog for a walk after work.
- Use your sick leave.
- Get some exercise before/after work regularly.
What are some self-care ideas?
- Give myself a pedicure or a manicure.
- Read a book or magazine for an hour.
- Sit on the front porch.
- Take a bubble bath—complete with candles and calming music.
- Pick or buy a bouquet of fresh flowers.
- Take a leisurely walk without a goal.
- Put on a homemade face mask.