- 1 What does the Bible say about emotional pain?
- 2 Does God speak through feelings?
- 3 Why did God give us passions or emotions?
- 4 Does God give you feelings for someone?
- 5 What are the 5 signs of emotional suffering?
- 6 What does God say about struggling?
- 7 Can God speak to you through your mind?
- 8 How do you know when God wants you to be with someone?
- 9 How do you know if God is trying to tell you something?
- 10 What the Bible says about controlling your emotions?
- 11 What are the 11 passions?
- 12 How does God make us feel?
- 13 How do you get over feelings for someone?
- 14 Can you pray to be with someone?
- 15 Is it a sin to have feelings for someone?
What does the Bible say about emotional pain?
Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. Matthew 7:7-8 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Does God speak through feelings?
God speaks through thoughts and feelings
When God is speaking to you, it’s not likely that he will come stand in front of you in the flesh. No, but he will help you “hear” him through thoughts and feelings.
Why did God give us passions or emotions?
Why did God give us “passions” or emotions? God made man in such a way that he can love and hate, desire or despise something, be attracted by some things and afraid of others, be full of joy, sorrow, or anger. In the depths of his heart man always loves good and hates evilor what he considers to be such.
Does God give you feelings for someone?
But here’s something important I realized not long ago: God doesn’t give us feelings for Himself, so why would He for someone else? Here’s what I mean — one of the cornerstones of our faith is that God gives us a choice whether or not to love Him. God doesn’t force us to love Him, He allows us the choice.
What are the 5 signs of emotional suffering?
The five signs of suffering: Know the symptoms and ask for help
- Their personality changes.
- They seem uncharacteristically angry, anxious, agitated, or moody.
- They withdraw or isolate themselves from other people.
- They stop taking care of themselves and may engage in risky behavior.
- They seem overcome with hopelessness and overwhelmed by their circumstances.
What does God say about struggling?
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Deuteronomy 31:6,8 Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.
Can God speak to you through your mind?
God will confirm things that He is speaking to you. Ask Him to confirm what you think He is speaking to you in your mind. He can confirm it to you in so many ways, but a primary way He does this is through Scripture or through an anointed teaching.
How do you know when God wants you to be with someone?
When there is mutual interest, mutual commitment, and a mutual willingness to move the relationship forward at a healthy pace, these are strong indications God does want you with this person. Relationships are a unique place in life where the spiritual and practical combine and are constantly intermingling.
How do you know if God is trying to tell you something?
3 Common Signs God Is Trying To Tell You Something
- Repetitive Messages. One really obvious way that God tries to get your attention is repetition.
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious sign God is trying to get your attention is through your friends.
- Hardened Heart.
What the Bible says about controlling your emotions?
The Bible says in Colossians 3:15 to be led by peace in making decisions. Don’t let your emotions make your decisions. A good statement to remember is this: “Wisdom says wait; emotions say hurry.”
What are the 11 passions?
Terms in this set (11)
- Love. good; affinity for the good.
- Desire. good; attraction toward a good not yet attained.
- Joy. good; rest in the good attained.
- Hatred. evil; revulsion from evil.
- Aversion. evil; repulsion from evil not yet experienced.
- Sorrow. evil; succumbing to evil already present.
How does God make us feel?
God’s presence can be experienced in a number of different ways. God’s presence can feel like “liquid love.” It can feel like a lightness or joy in your heart. It can feel like a deep sense of “knowing” something. It can also feel like strength to face difficulties.
How do you get over feelings for someone?
How to Get Over a Crush: 9 Helpful Tips for Moving On
- Talk It Out and Let It Go.
- Try Not to Obsess.
- Don’t Haunt Their Social Media Accounts.
- Know Your Worth and Do What You Love.
- Learn Whatever You Can.
- Know That This Is Temporary and You‘re Not Alone.
- Get It All Out in Your Journal.
- Meet New People.
Can you pray to be with someone?
First, pray for the Lord to be with them. One of the first things you can do is to pray that God is with the person and watch over them wherever they are. Furthermore, you can pray for God to open their heart, mind, and spirit to the love, grace, and healing that only He can bring.
Is it a sin to have feelings for someone?
It is not sinful to have a crush because it is natural to like people. So if you like a guy there is nothing inherently wrong with that.