- 1 What is the name of the longest book in the Bible?
- 2 What is the longest verse in the book of Psalms?
- 3 Which book in the Bible has the shortest verse?
- 4 What is the longest word in the Bible and where can it be found?
- 5 Which is the shortest psalm?
- 6 Which gospel is longest?
- 7 Why did David write Psalm 37?
- 8 Is Psalm 119 the center of the Bible?
- 9 Who Wrote Book of Psalms?
- 10 Does Jesus cry when we cry?
- 11 What is the shortest book in the world?
- 12 What is the last word in the Bible?
- 13 What word is used 365 times in the Bible?
- 14 What is the first word in Bible?
- 15 Are there dogs in the Bible?
What is the name of the longest book in the Bible?
Psalms is the longest book in the Bible according to the number of verses.
What is the longest verse in the book of Psalms?
- Psalm 119 is the 119th psalm of the Book of Psalms, beginning in English in the King James Version: “Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord”.
- With 176 verses, the psalm is the longest psalm as well as the longest chapter in the Bible.
Which book in the Bible has the shortest verse?
“Jesus wept” (Greek: ἐδάκρυσεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς, edákrysen ho Iesoús lit. “Jesus wept“) is a phrase famous for being the shortest verse in the King James Version of the Bible, as well as many other versions. It is not the shortest in the original languages. It is found in the Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35.
What is the longest word in the Bible and where can it be found?
The two longest words in the Bible have 18 letters each. MAHER-SHALAL-HASH-BAZ (Isaiah 8:1) is the name given to Isaiah’s son, meaning “swift is booty, speedy is prey.” JONATH-ELEM-RECHO-KIM, which is found in the title of Psalm 56, is the name of a song and means “the silent dove of far-off places”.
Which is the shortest psalm?
Consisting of only two verses, Psalm 117 is the shortest psalm and also the shortest chapter in the whole Bible. In the slightly different numbering system in the Greek Septuagint and the Latin Vulgate version of the Bible, this psalm is Psalm 116.
Which gospel is longest?
The Gospel according to Luke (Greek: Εὐαγγέλιον κατὰ Λουκᾶν, romanized: Euangélion katà Loukân), also called the Gospel of Luke, or simply Luke, tells of the origins, birth, ministry, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ.
Why did David write Psalm 37?
It can be seen that David’s goal in writing Psalm 37 was to remind the reader of his place in God’s creation. We are reminded not to fret over the temporary successes of the wicked and to take comfort in God’s promise to the righteous. He will reward His children in the end.
Is Psalm 119 the center of the Bible?
Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the Bible. It is 176 verses. Almost every verse mentions God’s Word. Psalm 119 is almost in the center of the Bible.
Who Wrote Book of Psalms?
According to Jewish tradition, the Book of Psalms was composed by the First Man (Adam), Melchizedek, Abraham, Moses, Heman, Jeduthun, Asaph, and the three sons of Korah.
Does Jesus cry when we cry?
Jesus, as God and man, wept for the pain of His people and longed for them to turn to Him. The final reason that I am certain God shares our sorrow, feels our pain and cries with us when we are weeping, is because that’s what good dads do. God the father has the heart of the best parent.
What is the shortest book in the world?
The Dinosaur by Augusto Monterroso
Google The Dinosaur and you’ll be informed that no less an authority than novelist and literary critic Umberto Eco crowned it the world’s shortest novel.
What is the last word in the Bible?
In the King James Version of the Bible, the last word is “Amen.” The last book of the Bible is the “Book of Revelation,” and the last verse is 22:21.
What word is used 365 times in the Bible?
“’Fear not,’ is in the Bible 365 times,” she said. My friend’s wise words prompted me to study my Bible. I learned that the Bible commands that we “Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
What is the first word in Bible?
1.  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Are there dogs in the Bible?
Here’s a selection of the many references to dogs in the King James Bible: Revelation 22:15: “For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.” Proverbs 26:11: “As a dog returneth to his vomit, [so] a fool returneth to his folly.”