- 1 What is a good verse to read in the Bible?
- 2 What should I read before bed Bible?
- 3 What should I read in the Bible to get closer to God?
- 4 What are the most popular verses in the Bible?
- 5 What does Psalm 27 say?
- 6 What did Jesus say was most important?
- 7 What God says about sleep?
- 8 What’s a good bedtime prayer?
- 9 Should I pray every night?
- 10 How do I become more closer to God?
- 11 How do I feel closer to God?
- 12 How can I get closer to God fast?
- 13 Who is Gods wife?
- 14 What is God’s first name?
- 15 What is the most popular Bible?
What is a good verse to read in the Bible?
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
What should I read before bed Bible?
5 Bible Passages to Read Before Bed
- Matthew 11:28. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
- Joshua 1:9. Have I not commanded you?
- I Corinthians 10:31. So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
- Philippians 4:13. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.
- James 1:17.
What should I read in the Bible to get closer to God?
Consider these verses: 1 Peter 5:7, Psalm 13:1-6, Psalm 18:1-6, 16-19. I promise you this: God knows everything you’re going through and He will use your life circumstances as a way to draw you closer to Him.
What are the most popular verses in the Bible?
13 Popular Bible Verses That Everyone Knows and Loves
- of 13. John 3:16.
- of 13. Romans 3:23.
- of 13. Psalm 23.
- of 13. Jeremiah 29:11.
- of 13. Philipians 4:13.
- of 13. Romans 8:28.
- of 13. Proverbs 3:5.
- of 13. Genesis 1:1.
What does Psalm 27 say?
Psalm 27 1
The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
What did Jesus say was most important?
Gospel of Mark
And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
What God says about sleep?
Jesus said, “Sleep and take your rest later on” (Matthew 26:45). There’s a time for everything (Ecclesiastes 3:1). While sleeping in place of physically working is definitely condemned in the Bible, perhaps what is even more hurtful to ourselves is when we sleep in place of prayer.
What’s a good bedtime prayer?
Father, we thank thee for the night, and for the pleasant morning light. For rest and food and loving care, and all that makes the day so fair. Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, watch and guard me through the night, and wake me with the morning light.
Should I pray every night?
Reason 1: Prayer gives you the opportunity to reflect on your day and express gratitude and appreciation for your life. By praying at bedtime allows you to stop and think about all the things that happened to you during the day, and take those moments to feel the gratitude and appreciation for all the little moments.
How do I become more closer to God?
How to Get Closer to God
- Prayers for the Year. Grab a sheet of paper, a pen and some time to think.
- Verse for the Month. Every month select a verse to memorize and pray over your family.
- Hour for the Week. Devote one hour a week to spiritual education.
- Routine for the Day. Create a brief—yes brief!
How do I feel closer to God?
3 Ways to Grow Closer to God When You Feel Far Away
- Reach Out. It can be easy to become overwhelmed by life, but instead of holding everything in, reach out for help.
- Limit Distractions. Life is full of so many distractions and unfortunately there are many things that can hinder our walk with God.
- Be Intentional.
How can I get closer to God fast?
Fasting, reading the word of God, and praying will give us strength and help us grow closer to God. Some of the many benefits of fasting are that it: Enables you to concentrate more on the spiritual world when you consciously give up worldly pleasures. Leads to a greater intimacy with God by denying our carnal nature.
Who is Gods wife?
God had a wife, Asherah, whom the Book of Kings suggests was worshiped alongside Yahweh in his temple in Israel, according to an Oxford scholar. In 1967, Raphael Patai was the first historian to mention that the ancient Israelites worshiped both Yahweh and Asherah.
What is God’s first name?
Yahweh, the god of the Israelites, whose name was revealed to Moses as four Hebrew consonants (YHWH) called the tetragrammaton. After the Babylonian Exile (6th century bce), and especially from the 3rd century bce on, Jews ceased to use the name Yahweh for two reasons.
What is the most popular Bible?
The New Revised Standard Version is the version most commonly preferred by biblical scholars. In the United States, 55% of survey respondents who read the Bible reported using the King James Version in 2014, followed by 19% for the New International Version, with other versions used by fewer than 10%.