- 1 What are the 16 names of God?
- 2 What are the 100 names of God?
- 3 What are the 12 names of God?
- 4 What are the 7 names of God?
- 5 What is the most powerful name of God?
- 6 What are the 10 names of God?
- 7 What is God’s true name?
- 8 What are the 9 attributes of God?
- 9 What are the 6 attributes of God?
- 10 Are names important to God?
- 11 What is the ineffable name of God?
- 12 What are the primary names of God?
- 13 What is God name?
- 14 Who is Elohim?
- 15 Is Jehovah God’s name?
What are the 16 names of God?
Be sure to visit our original 16 Names of God & What They Mean post as well.
- El Shaddai el shad-di’ Lord God Almighty.
- El Elyon el el-yone’ The Most High God.
- Adonai ad-o-noy’ Lord, Master.
- Yahweh yah-weh Lord, Jehovah.
- Jehovah Nissi yeh-ho-vaw’ nis-see’ The Lord My Banner.
What are the 100 names of God?
- ADONAI: Lord in our English Bibles (Capital letter ‘L ‘, lower case, ‘ord’)
- JEHOVAH-M’KADDESH: “The Lord Who Sanctifies” “To make whole, set apart for holiness.” The Lord says: “Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the Lord your God.
What are the 12 names of God?
Terms in this set (12)
- ELOHIM. My Creator.
- JEHOVAH. My Lord God.
- EL SHADDAI. My Supplier.
- ADONAI. My Master.
- JEHOVAH JIREH. My Provider.
- JEHOVAH ROPHE. My Healer.
- JEHOVAH NISSI. My Banner.
- JEHOVAH MAKADESH. My Sanctifier.
What are the 7 names of God?
The seven names of God that, once written, cannot be erased because of their holiness are the Tetragrammaton, El, Elohim, Eloah, Elohai, El Shaddai, and Tzevaot.
What is the most powerful name of God?
Adonai has a similar context and refers to God as a powerful ruler. Similarly, El Shaddai, derived from “shad” i.e. Lord, also points to the power of God. Yahweh is the principal name in the Old Testament by which God reveals himself and is the most sacred, distinctive and incommunicable name of God.
What are the 10 names of God?
NEW: Names of God 3″ Die Cut Stickers!
- Who is God to you? El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)
- El Elyon (The Most High God)
- Adonai (Lord, Master)
- Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
- Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
- Jehovah Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
- Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
- Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
What is God’s true name?
Yahweh, the god of the Israelites, whose name was revealed to Moses as four Hebrew consonants (YHWH) called the tetragrammaton. After the Babylonian Exile (6th century bce), and especially from the 3rd century bce on, Jews ceased to use the name Yahweh for two reasons.
What are the 9 attributes of God?
Terms in this set (9)
- God is unique. There is no God like Yahweh.
- God is infinite and omnipotent. God is everywhere, unlimited, and all-powerful.
- God is eternal. God always was and always will be.
- God is immense.
- God contains all things.
- God is immutable.
- God is utterly simple-a pure spirit.
- God is personal.
What are the 6 attributes of God?
The six main attributes of God
- Pure Spirit.
- Infinitely Good.
- First cause of all.
Are names important to God?
Names are a gift from God. These words contain His power. They give things meaning. They bring us meaning.
What is the ineffable name of God?
The Pronunciation of the “Ineffable Name” According to a Jewish Text in the Museum. One of the mysteries of Biblical scholarship is the correct form and pronunciation of the name of the God of Israel. This name consists of four consonants which may be represented in English by the letters YHWH.
What are the primary names of God?
Other names used by Christians include Ancient of Days, Father/Abba which is Hebrew, “Most High” and the Hebrew names Elohim, El-Shaddai, Yahweh, Jehovah and Adonai. Abba (Father in Hebrew) is a common term used for the creator within Christianity because it was a title Jesus used to refer to God the Father.
What is God name?
God goes by many names in the Bible, but he only has one personal name, spelled using four letters – YHWH. It truly has become an ineffable name: we know neither how it was pronounced in antiquity, or what it meant.
Who is Elohim?
Elohim, singular Eloah, (Hebrew: God), the God of Israel in the Old Testament. Thus, in Genesis the words, “In the beginning God (Elohim) created the heavens and the earth,” Elohim is monotheistic in connotation, though its grammatical structure seems polytheistic.
Is Jehovah God’s name?
Jehovah (/dʒɪˈhoʊvə/) is a Latinization of the Hebrew יְהֹוָה Yəhōwā, one vocalization of the Tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH), the proper name of the God of Israel in the Hebrew Bible and one of the seven names of God in Judaism. The derived forms Iehouah and Jehovah first appeared in the 16th century.