- 1 How many versions of the Bible are there?
- 2 What is the most accurate bible in the world?
- 3 Does the Bible have different versions?
- 4 How many times has the Bible been changed?
- 5 Which version of the Bible is closest to the original text?
- 6 What is the easiest Bible to read?
- 7 What are the 14 books removed from the Bible?
- 8 Which is the best Bible version?
- 9 Why is the King James Bible the most accurate?
- 10 What version of the Bible was before King James?
- 11 What version of the Bible do Catholics use?
- 12 Which Bible is the original Bible?
- 13 How many years after Jesus died was the Bible written?
- 14 What is a real name of Jesus?
- 15 Who created the God?
How many versions of the Bible are there?
In truth, there is only ONE version! Alan: How can that be? What about the King James Version & New King James Version & New International Version & English Standard Version, etc.
What is the most accurate bible in the world?
The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT) is a translation of the Bible published by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society.
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.
|New World Translation|
|Complete Bible published||1961|
|Textual basis||OT: Biblia Hebraica. NT: Westcott & Hort.|
Does the Bible have different versions?
The Bible has been translated into many languages from the biblical languages of Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. Since then, the Bible has been translated into many more languages.
How many times has the Bible been changed?
Originally Answered: How many times has the Bible been rewritten? To be completely honest there is no way to know. The bible as we know it is a collection of books that were written over centuries (about 500 years for the Old Testament and another 200 or so years for the New Testament).
Which version of the Bible is closest to the original text?
The New American Standard Bible is a literal translation from the original texts, well suited to study because of its accurate rendering of the source texts. It follows the style of the King James Version but uses modern English for words that have fallen out of use or changed their meanings.
What is the easiest Bible to read?
The Holy Bible: Easy-to-Read Version (ERV) is an English translation of the Bible compiled by the World Bible Translation Center. It was originally published as the English Version for the Deaf (EVD) by BakerBooks.
What are the 14 books removed from the Bible?
The section contains the following:
- 1 Esdras (Vulgate 3 Esdras)
- 2 Esdras (Vulgate 4 Esdras)
- Judith (“Judeth” in Geneva)
- Rest of Esther (Vulgate Esther 10:4 – 16:24)
- Ecclesiasticus (also known as Sirach)
- Baruch and the Epistle of Jeremy (“Jeremiah” in Geneva) (all part of Vulgate Baruch)
Which is the best Bible version?
More than 450 translations into English have been written. The New Revised Standard Version is the version most commonly preferred by biblical scholars.
- King James Version (55%)
- New International Version (19%)
- New Revised Standard Version (7%)
- New American Bible (6%)
- The Living Bible (5%)
- All other translations (8%)
Why is the King James Bible the most accurate?
Published in 1611, the King James Bible spread quickly throughout Europe. Because of the wealth of resources devoted to the project, it was the most faithful and scholarly translation to date—not to mention the most accessible.
What version of the Bible was before King James?
The Geneva Bible is one of the most historically significant translations of the Bible into English, preceding the King James Version by 51 years.
What version of the Bible do Catholics use?
A Catholic Bible is a Christian Bible that includes the whole 73-book canon recognized by the Catholic Church, including the deuterocanonical books.
Catholic English versions.
|RSV–CE||Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition||1965–66|
|NAB||New American Bible||1970|
Which Bible is the original Bible?
Bible #1. The oldest surviving full text of the New Testament is the beautifully written Codex Sinaiticus, which was “discovered” at the St Catherine monastery at the base of Mt Sinai in Egypt in the 1840s and 1850s. Dating from circa 325-360 CE, it is not known where it was scribed – perhaps Rome or Egypt.
How many years after Jesus died was the Bible written?
Written over the course of almost a century after Jesus’ death, the four gospels of the New Testament, though they tell the same story, reflect very different ideas and concerns. A period of forty years separates the death of Jesus from the writing of the first gospel.
What is a real name of Jesus?
Jesus‘ name in Hebrew was “Yeshua” which translates to English as Joshua.
Who created the God?
Defenders of religion have countered that the question is improper: We ask, “If all things have a creator, then who created God?” Actually, only created things have a creator, so it’s improper to lump God with his creation. God has revealed himself to us in the Bible as having always existed.