- 1 What does the Bible say about a gut feeling?
- 2 What does the Bible say about spirit of discernment?
- 3 How can I increase my intuition?
- 4 How does God speak to our spirit?
- 5 Why do you get gut feelings?
- 6 What is the the Holy Spirit?
- 7 What is the meaning of spirit of discernment?
- 8 How do you pray for the spirit of discernment?
- 9 What are the gifts of the Spirit KJV?
- 10 How do I know my intuition?
- 11 Can your intuition be wrong?
- 12 Does meditation increase intuition?
- 13 Does God speak to you directly?
- 14 What kind of angel is Jesus?
- 15 What is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?
What does the Bible say about a gut feeling?
The Bible says, “I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end” (Jer. 29:11). In my experience, gut feelings are God’s “thoughts of peace” to me. Without fanfare, still and small and strong, they come.
What does the Bible say about spirit of discernment?
Apostle Paul mentions the gift of discerning of spirits in 1 Cor. 12:10. St. John Chrysostom in the interpretation of this passage says that these words mean the ability to tell who is spiritual and who is not, who is prophet and who is not since at the time of Apostle Paul, there were false prophets deluding people.
How can I increase my intuition?
Exercise 1. Work with direct (literal) intuition.
- Find a place to sit comfortably.
- Follow your breath by counting ‘1’ on the inhale and ‘2’ on the exhale.
- When you are relaxed and quiet, identify an event or situation that you’d like more insight about.
- Focus on the event or situation intently for a few minutes.
How does God speak to our spirit?
God uses human channels to speak words of prophecy, tongues and interpretation and words of wisdom and knowledge (1 Cor. 12:8-10). God also expresses Himself through human vessels to distribute His message in anointed sermons, songs and writings.
Why do you get gut feelings?
Intuition or gut feelings are also the result of a lot of processing that happens in the brain. Intuitions occur when your brain has made a significant match or mismatch (between the cognitive model and current experience), but this has not yet reached your conscious awareness.
What is the the Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is referred to as the Lord and Giver of Life in the Nicene creed. He is The Creator Spirit, present before the creation of the universe and through his power everything was made in Jesus Christ, by God the Father. Christian hymns such as Veni Creator Spiritus reflect this belief.
What is the meaning of spirit of discernment?
Discernment of Spirits is a term used in both Roman Catholic and Charismatic (Pentacostal) Christian theology to indicate judging various spiritual agents for their moral influence.
How do you pray for the spirit of discernment?
Help Me To Discern
Today, O God of all days, give me an experience of your heart. Draw me deep into your very being, into the core of your love for me, others, and the world.
What are the gifts of the Spirit KJV?
These abilities, often termed “charismatic gifts“, are the word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, increased faith, the gifts of healing, the gift of miracles, prophecy, the discernment of spirits, diverse kinds of tongues, interpretation of tongues.
How do I know my intuition?
- You Feel A Peaceful Feeling In Your Chest Or Stomach. Sometimes your intuition is so strong that you can physically feel the effects.
- You May Experience More Lucid Dreams.
- You Find Clarity When You’re Not Busy.
- You May Notice Your Instinct And Intuition Are Not In Sync.
- You May Become Ill.
Can your intuition be wrong?
The answer to this question is yes and no. Your purest intuitions are always right but those tinged by your own thoughts and emotions may only be partially correct or even completely wrong. With practice, you can learn to assess your intuitive experiences and identify when they are more likely to be right.
Does meditation increase intuition?
Intuition is the idea that we make decisions without deliberate analytical thought. Many ascribe this to a sixth sense that is honed through mindfulness. Yoga, mindfulness and meditation are supposed to increase your powers of intuition.
Does God speak to you directly?
Yes … God speaks directly to humans. Over 2,000 times in the Old Testament there are phrases such as, “And God spoke to Moses” or “the word of the Lord came to Jonah” or “God said.” We see an example of this in Jeremiah 1:9.
What kind of angel is Jesus?
They believe Jesus is an archangel in the true sense of the word—the highest spiritual creature. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) interprets the term “archangel” as meaning “Chief Angel“, Michael is the only individual so designated in the Latter Day Saints canon.
What is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?
“Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit” is conscious and hardened opposition to the truth, “because the Spirit is truth” (1 John 5:6). Conscious and hardened resistance to the truth leads man away from humility and repentance, and without repentance there can be no forgiveness.