- 1 What Bible verse talks about comfort?
- 2 Who comforts us in all our troubles?
- 3 What does the Bible say about emotional pain?
- 4 What does the Bible say about going through hard times?
- 5 What does Psalm 25 say?
- 6 What is a good Bible verse for healing?
- 7 How do we comfort others?
- 8 What was happening in 2 Corinthians?
- 9 What are the 5 signs of emotional suffering?
- 10 What does God say about struggling?
- 11 Why does God want us to suffer?
- 12 What does Psalm 27 say?
- 13 Why does God put us through hard times?
- 14 When our hearts are overwhelmed?
What Bible verse talks about comfort?
2 Corinthians 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 9.
Who comforts us in all our troubles?
Bible Gateway 2 Corinthians 1:: NIV. Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
What does the Bible say about emotional pain?
Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. Matthew 7:7-8 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
What does the Bible say about going through hard times?
Do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Psalm 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. Isaiah 30:15 In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength.
What does Psalm 25 say?
O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.
What is a good Bible verse for healing?
“The is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: ‘I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. ‘” “Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” “And the people all tried to touch him, because power was coming from him and healing them all.”
How do we comfort others?
How Do We Comfort Someone?
- 1. “ Witness their feelings”
- Affirm that their feelings make sense.
- Draw out their feelings inorder to better understand what they feel.
- Don’t minimize their pain or focus only on cheering them up.
- Offer physical affection if appropriate.
- Affirm your support and commitment.
What was happening in 2 Corinthians?
Summary. The letter that is 2 Corinthians begins with a long salutation and prayer of thanksgiving (1:1–11). Paul spends much of the body of the letter justifying his own apostolic calling. As an envoy of God, spreading the Gospel of God, Paul is empowered to speak “with great boldness” (3:12).
What are the 5 signs of emotional suffering?
The five signs of suffering: Know the symptoms and ask for help
- Their personality changes.
- They seem uncharacteristically angry, anxious, agitated, or moody.
- They withdraw or isolate themselves from other people.
- They stop taking care of themselves and may engage in risky behavior.
- They seem overcome with hopelessness and overwhelmed by their circumstances.
What does God say about struggling?
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Deuteronomy 31:6,8 Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.
Why does God want us to suffer?
By the very definition, when God makes us suffer, He is simply asking us to submit to Him, to come to Him and to stop fighting Him. He is helping us remember we don’t have to walk this life alone because He is our Father. There is goodness in suffering because it gives us blessings we can receive no other way.
What does Psalm 27 say?
Psalm 27 1
The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
Why does God put us through hard times?
God Allows Suffering to Bring Us Closer to Him
And He often uses hard times to get our attention. When things are going great we are not so quick to turn to Him. But when trials come, they often drive us to our knees in search of answers and comfort.
When our hearts are overwhelmed?
Sometimes, when our hearts are overwhelmed, all we need do is cry out to God and ask that in our desperation and fear, God would place us on stable ground. God would comfort us and lead us to safety. God would shelter us and deliver us.