Footnotes, Endnotes, or Parenthetical Citations: When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor. 13:4, 15:12-19.
- 1 How do you reference the Bible using APA?
- 2 How do you reference the Bible in Harvard referencing?
- 3 Do you have to reference the Bible in APA format?
- 4 How do you cite the NIV Bible?
- 5 How do you cite the King James Bible?
- 6 How do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
- 7 What does NIV mean?
- 8 How do you do APA format?
- 9 How do you cite the Bible example?
- 10 How do you cite the Bible in-text citation?
- 11 Is Bible capitalized?
How do you reference the Bible using APA?
The Bible is treated like a book with no author. In the in-text citation, the original year of publication is given, along with the publication year of the current version or reprinting, separated by a forward slash. When referring to a verse or passage, give the Bible reference instead of page numbers.
How do you reference the Bible in Harvard referencing?
How do you reference the Bible in a bibliography Harvard?
- Book of the Bible.
- Chapter: verse.
- Holy Bible (not in italics).
- Version of the Holy Bible.
Do you have to reference the Bible in APA format?
Citation Generator Note: Classical religious texts, like the Bible, do not require a citation in the reference list in APA style. However, you must include an in-text citation anytime you reference these texts in your writing.
How do you cite the NIV Bible?
Works Cited Citation for a Print Version of the Bible Edited by Editor’s First and Last Name, Bible Version, Publisher, Year of Publication. Example: Holy Bible. New International Version, Zondervan Publishing House, 1984.
How do you cite the King James Bible?
Put the citation in a “Work Cited” list at the conclusion of your report. If you are typing, make sure to italicize the citation. Write “The Holy Bible: King James Version” followed by the publishing city and state (abbreviated), publisher company name and year it was published.
How do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. When citing the Bible the in-text citation should follow the order of the template as shown here: Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
What does NIV mean?
One of the Bible’s most popular translations is the NIV ( New International Versions ) and newer versions, like the ESV (English Standard Version) also sell remarkably well.
How do you do APA format?
APA Paper Formatting Basics
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides.
- All paragraphs in the body are indented.
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath.
- Use 12-point font throughout.
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner.
How do you cite the Bible example?
When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor. 13:4, 15:12-19.
How do you cite the Bible in-text citation?
The Bible. Italicize “The Bible” and follow it with the version you are using. Remember that your in-text (parenthetical citation) should include the name of the specific edition of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s).
Is Bible capitalized?
Bible/ biblical 1. Capitalize Bible and all nouns referring to sacred texts.