- 1 Do you italicize Bible verses?
- 2 How do you cite a Bible verse MLA?
- 3 How do you quote Bible verses in a blog?
- 4 How do you cite the Holy Bible in APA format?
- 5 How do you write scriptures?
- 6 How do you quote a psalm from the bible?
- 7 How do you cite the book of Job?
- 8 How do you cite the Bible Harvard?
- 9 How do you do a work cited page?
- 10 How do you quote part of a sentence?
- 11 How do you quote a quote?
- 12 How do you cite the Holy Bible?
- 13 How do I cite the Bible in APA 7?
- 14 How do you cite the Bible app?
Do you italicize Bible verses?
Do not italicize, underline, or use quotation marks for books and versions of the Bible.
How do you cite a Bible verse MLA?
Title of the Bible, Version. Editor, Publisher, Year. The first time you cite the Bible in-text, include the name of the version of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s). For subsequent references, simply include the book, chapter, and verse.
How do you quote Bible verses in a blog?
2. Tips to Help You Cite the Specific Translation Clearly. Use a comma after the reference, followed by the version abbreviation in capitals, to indicate the specific version you quote: John 3:16, KJV. (For a list of Bible versions and appropriate abbreviations, see Bible Gateway.)
How do you cite the Holy Bible in APA format?
To cite a specific passage from the Bible, include an abbreviated book title followed by a chapter and verse number in the in-text citation.
How to cite the Bible in APA Style.
|Format||Bible Version Title. (Year). Publisher. URL|
|Reference entry||English Standard Version Bible. (2001). ESV Online. https://esv.literalword.com/|
How do you write scriptures?
- Use a colon (no space) to separate chapter from verse (Acts 4:12).
- Use an en dash between consecutive verse numbers (e.g. John 14:1–6).
- Use a comma to separate non-consecutive numbers (e.g. Acts 1:1–8,13–14).
- Use a semicolon to separate one chapter-and-verse reference from another.
How do you quote a psalm from the bible?
In APA style, the in-text citation for a psalm includes more specific information about the reference, so you do not include the Bible on your references page. Instead of a page number, the parenthetical citation lists the book, chapter and verse with a colon between the chapter and verse.
How do you cite the book of Job?
MLA (7th ed.)
Scheindlin, Raymond P. The Book of Job. New York: W.W. Norton, 1998. Print.
How do you cite the Bible Harvard?
To be made up of:
- Book of the Bible.
- Chapter: verse.
- Holy Bible (not in italics).
- Version of the Holy Bible.
How do you do a work cited page?
Format of the Works Cited page
- Title the page Works Cited, centred and in plain text (no italics, bold or underline).
- Alphabetize the entries by the author’s last name.
- Use left alignment and double line spacing (no extra space between entries).
- Use a hanging indent on entries that run over one line.
How do you quote part of a sentence?
To form an ellipsis in MLA when the omitted material appears at the end of your sentence, type the ellipsis with three periods with space before each period and include the closing quotation marks immediately after the third period. Note that the period to end your sentence comes after the parenthetical citation.
How do you quote a quote?
How to Quote a Quote?
- In American English, use double quotation marks for quotations and single quotation marks for quotations within quotations.
- In British English, use single quotation marks for quotations and double quotation marks for quotations within quotations.
How do you cite the Holy Bible?
When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor. 13:4, 15:12-19.
How do I cite the Bible in APA 7?
When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. When citing the Bible the in-text citation should follow the order of the template as shown below. Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
How do you cite the Bible app?
Name of translation Version. App title, version number, Year of app publication. Example: The Bible.