- 1 Is the Bible the longest book?
- 2 How many pages does the New Testament have?
- 3 What are the 14 books removed from the Bible?
- 4 What is the longest in the Bible?
- 5 What is the shortest book in the Holy Bible?
- 6 What is the shortest Bible verse?
- 7 Who really wrote the New Testament?
- 8 Who wrote most of the books in the New Testament?
- 9 Which book of the New Testament was written first?
- 10 How long after Jesus died was the Bible written?
- 11 What is the most accurate Bible?
- 12 What is Jesus real name?
- 13 Which Psalm is the longest?
- 14 What are the first five books of the Bible called?
- 15 How many people were on Noah’s Ark?
Is the Bible the longest book?
but if we consider the words in the books ie… the number of words in Hebrew or Greek, the First-longest book of the Bible is Jeremiah, weighing in at 33,002 words. The second-longest book of the Bible is Genesis with 32,046 words. It is by far the longest book of the Bible by the number of chapters.
How many pages does the New Testament have?
As a result, a relatively short book ends up running to 368 pages, not counting front matter. The KJV NT, which is a much, much longer text, runs to only 421 pages, excluding front matter.
|Ships fromShips from||Amazon.com|
What are the 14 books removed from the Bible?
The section contains the following:
- 1 Esdras (Vulgate 3 Esdras)
- 2 Esdras (Vulgate 4 Esdras)
- Judith (“Judeth” in Geneva)
- Rest of Esther (Vulgate Esther 10:4 – 16:24)
- Ecclesiasticus (also known as Sirach)
- Baruch and the Epistle of Jeremy (“Jeremiah” in Geneva) (all part of Vulgate Baruch)
What is the longest in the Bible?
Esther 8:9 is the longest verse in the Bible.
What is the shortest book in the Holy Bible?
The text consists of a single chapter, divided into 21 verses, making it the shortest book in the Hebrew Bible.
Book of Obadiah.
What is the shortest Bible verse?
“Jesus wept” (Greek: ἐδάκρυσεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς, edákrysen ho Iesoús lit. “Jesus wept”) is a phrase famous for being the shortest verse in the King James Version of the Bible, as well as many other versions. It is not the shortest in the original languages. It is found in the Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35.
Who really wrote the New Testament?
Traditionally, 13 of the 27 books of the New Testament were attributed to Paul the Apostle, who famously converted to Christianity after meeting Jesus on the road to Damascus and wrote a series of letters that helped spread the faith throughout the Mediterranean world.
Who wrote most of the books in the New Testament?
The Pauline letters are the thirteen New Testament books that present Paul the Apostle as their author. Paul’s authorship of six of the letters is disputed. Four are thought by most modern scholars to be pseudepigraphic, i.e., not actually written by Paul even if attributed to him within the letters themselves.
Which book of the New Testament was written first?
Internal evidence in the texts suggests dating the individual books of the 27-book New Testament canon in the 1st century CE. The first book written was probably 1 Thessalonians, written around 50 CE.
How long after Jesus died was the Bible written?
Written over the course of almost a century after Jesus’ death, the four gospels of the New Testament, though they tell the same story, reflect very different ideas and concerns. A period of forty years separates the death of Jesus from the writing of the first gospel.
What is the most accurate Bible?
The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT) is a translation of the Bible published by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society.
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.
|New World Translation|
|Complete Bible published||1961|
|Textual basis||OT: Biblia Hebraica. NT: Westcott & Hort.|
What is Jesus real name?
Jesus’ name in Hebrew was “Yeshua” which translates to English as Joshua.
Which Psalm is the longest?
- Psalm 119 is the 119th psalm of the Book of Psalms, beginning in English in the King James Version: “Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord”.
- With 176 verses, the psalm is the longest psalm as well as the longest chapter in the Bible.
What are the first five books of the Bible called?
If you’ve never heard of the Five Books of Moses (not actually composed by Moses; people who believe in divine revelation see him as more secretary than author), you’ve heard of the Torah and the Pentateuch, the Hebrew and Greek names, respectively, for the first five books of the Hebrew Bible: Genesis, Exodus,
How many people were on Noah’s Ark?
1 Peter 3:20 (written in the late 1st century AD) states that there were eight people on the Ark.