- 1 What’s a good scripture for comfort?
- 2 What is a good prayer for someone dying?
- 3 What does the Bible say about pain and suffering?
- 4 What the Bible says about celebrating death?
- 5 What does God say in times of trouble?
- 6 What are some comforting words?
- 7 What to say to a dying person?
- 8 Can you smell death before a person dies?
- 9 How do you pray for someone dying of cancer?
- 10 How does God comfort us in the midst of suffering?
- 11 What does the Bible say about struggles?
- 12 Why does God want us to suffer?
- 13 What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
What’s a good scripture for comfort?
Here are 10 Bible verses with words that have the power to give that comfort.
- Job 5:11 The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
- Psalm 27:13-14 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
- Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
What is a good prayer for someone dying?
“God, thank you for being with us right now. God, we thank you that you never leave us, that you never forsake us, but you love us. We trust you, and pray this in your name. Amen.”
What does the Bible say about pain and suffering?
Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. Matthew 7:7-8 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
What the Bible says about celebrating death?
1 Corinthians 15:50-57
We will not all die, but we will all be transformed! O death, where is your sting?” For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.
What does God say in times of trouble?
Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Psalm 34:10b Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. Isaiah 26: 3-4 Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you.
What are some comforting words?
The Right Words of Comfort for Someone Grieving
- I’m sorry.
- I care about you.
- He/she will be dearly missed.
- He/she is in my thoughts and prayers.
- You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
- You are important to me.
- My condolences.
- I hope you find some peace today.
What to say to a dying person?
- Don’t say, “It’s going to be OK”
- But do say something.
- Do make clear that you’ll be there for them.
- Do be careful about saying, “I’ll pray for you”
- Do try to create a semblance of normalcy.
- Do ask how they’re doing — today.
- Do be a good listener.
- Don’t get squirmy at the end.
Can you smell death before a person dies?
In general, death only has a scent under certain circumstances and conditions. Dr. Jawn, M.D. notes that, “for the most part, there is no smell that precipitates death, and there is no smell immediately after death.”
How do you pray for someone dying of cancer?
Dear Lord Jesus, please be with my good friend who is terminally ill with cancer. Please open their heart to Your love and guidance. May their every breath be one of faith. I pray that their pain is minimal and temporary.
How does God comfort us in the midst of suffering?
Jesus is sympathetic to our suffering, and He helps us by giving us the Holy Spirit, and by promising us forgiveness and resurrection. The promises of God in Christ are key to enduring suffering.
What does the Bible say about struggles?
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Deuteronomy 31:6,8 Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.
Why does God want us to suffer?
By the very definition, when God makes us suffer, He is simply asking us to submit to Him, to come to Him and to stop fighting Him. He is helping us remember we don’t have to walk this life alone because He is our Father. There is goodness in suffering because it gives us blessings we can receive no other way.
What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”