- 1 What’s a good scripture for comfort?
- 2 What is a good scripture to read at a funeral?
- 3 What does grief do to your brain?
- 4 What does God say in times of trouble?
- 5 What are some comforting words?
- 6 What does Psalms 46 say?
- 7 How do you read a funeral without crying?
- 8 What is a good prayer for a funeral?
- 9 How do you get over the loss of a loved one?
- 10 What happens when we don’t grieve?
- 11 How long does it take to heal from losing a loved one?
- 12 What does Psalm 27 say?
- 13 What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
- 14 What God says about struggles?
What’s a good scripture for comfort?
Here are 10 Bible verses with words that have the power to give that comfort.
- Job 5:11 The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
- Psalm 27:13-14 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
- Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
What is a good scripture to read at a funeral?
Matthew 5:4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” John 14:18 “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.”
What does grief do to your brain?
When you’re grieving, a flood of neurochemicals and hormones dance around in your head. “There can be a disruption in hormones that results in specific symptoms, such as disturbed sleep, loss of appetite, fatigue and anxiety,” says Dr. Phillips. When those symptoms converge, your brain function takes a hit.
What does God say in times of trouble?
Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Psalm 34:10b Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. Isaiah 26: 3-4 Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you.
What are some comforting words?
The Right Words of Comfort for Someone Grieving
- I’m sorry.
- I care about you.
- He/she will be dearly missed.
- He/she is in my thoughts and prayers.
- You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
- You are important to me.
- My condolences.
- I hope you find some peace today.
What does Psalms 46 say?
According to Spurgeon, Psalm 46 is called a “song of holy confidence”; it is also known as “Luther’s Psalm“, as Martin Luther wrote his popular hymn “Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott” (“A Mighty Fortress Is Our God”) as a paraphrase of Psalm 46.
How do you read a funeral without crying?
6 Tips to Help You Deliver the Eulogy Without Crying
- Tip #1: Practice. Practice does not necessarily make perfect, but it does make better.
- Tip #2: Have a support person.
- Tip #3: Eat before you speak.
- Tip #4: Remember to breathe.
- Tip #5: Remember who the eulogy is for.
- Tip #6: Keep things funny, if appropriate.
- Pin It.
What is a good prayer for a funeral?
Dear Lord, We are so grateful that you have made us all in your own image, giving us gifts and talents with which to serve you. Thank you for (loved one’s name) life, and all the years we shared with him/her. We lift him/her to you today, in honour of the good we saw in him/her and the love we felt from him/her.
How do you get over the loss of a loved one?
Knowing these steps can help you to work through your grief over the loss of a loved one.
- Step 1: Allow the feelings. Coping with the loss of a loved one brings up almost every emotion imaginable.
- Step 2: Gather support.
- Step 3: Allow the grieving process.
- Step 4: Embrace life.
What happens when we don’t grieve?
If the grieving process is not complete, the person could slip into acute depression, says Dr John. Depression sets in when the person does not deal with his or feelings of grief appropriately. Prolonged depression can also become a cause for other health and mental problems.
How long does it take to heal from losing a loved one?
Ask for help if you need it.
There is no set timetable for grief. You may start to feel better in 6 to 8 weeks, but the whole process can last anywhere from 6 months to 4 years. You may start to feel better in small ways. It will start to get a little easier to get up in the morning, or maybe you’ll have more energy.
What does Psalm 27 say?
Psalm 27 1
The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
What God says about struggles?
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Deuteronomy 31:6,8 Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.