- 1 Why was the book of Enoch removed from the Bible?
- 2 What are the 14 books removed from the Bible?
- 3 Who in the Bible went straight to heaven?
- 4 What books are mentioned in the Bible but are not in the Bible?
- 5 Did Jesus mention the Book of Enoch?
- 6 How many heavens are there in the Book of Enoch?
- 7 What is the most accurate Bible?
- 8 Did King James change the Bible?
- 9 Why did Protestants remove 7 books from the Bible?
- 10 Who went to heaven alive?
- 11 How many people can go to heaven?
- 12 What are the 3 levels of heaven?
- 13 Did Jesus have a wife?
- 14 What is the shortest book in the Bible?
- 15 What Bible has all 73 books?
Why was the book of Enoch removed from the Bible?
The Book of Enoch was considered as scripture in the Epistle of Barnabas (16:4) and by many of the early Church Fathers, such as Athenagoras, Clement of Alexandria, Irenaeus and Tertullian, who wrote c. 200 that the Book of Enoch had been rejected by the Jews because it contained prophecies pertaining to Christ.
What are the 14 books removed from the Bible?
The section contains the following:
- 1 Esdras (Vulgate 3 Esdras)
- 2 Esdras (Vulgate 4 Esdras)
- Judith (“Judeth” in Geneva)
- Rest of Esther (Vulgate Esther 10:4 – 16:24)
- Ecclesiasticus (also known as Sirach)
- Baruch and the Epistle of Jeremy (“Jeremiah” in Geneva) (all part of Vulgate Baruch)
Who in the Bible went straight to heaven?
As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. Elisha saw this and cried out, “My father! My father!
What books are mentioned in the Bible but are not in the Bible?
- Book of the Wars of the Lord.
- Book of Jashar.
- Manner of the Kingdom.
- Book of Songs.
- Acts of Solomon.
- Chronicles of the Kings of Israel.
- Chronicles of the Kings of Judah.
- Annals of King David.
Did Jesus mention the Book of Enoch?
The New Testament contains three references to Enoch. The first is a brief mention in one of the genealogies of the ancestors of Jesus by Luke (Luke 3:37).
How many heavens are there in the Book of Enoch?
The Second Book of Enoch, also written in the first century CE, describes the mystical ascent of the patriarch Enoch through a hierarchy of Ten Heavens. Enoch passes through the Garden of Eden in the Third Heaven on his way to meet the Lord face-to-face in the Tenth (chapter 22).
What is the most accurate Bible?
The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT) is a translation of the Bible published by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society.
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.
|New World Translation|
|Complete Bible published||1961|
|Textual basis||OT: Biblia Hebraica. NT: Westcott & Hort.|
Did King James change the Bible?
In 1604, England’s King James I authorized a new translation of the Bible aimed at settling some thorny religious differences in his kingdom—and solidifying his own power. But in seeking to prove his own supremacy, King James ended up democratizing the Bible instead. King James I of England, 1621.
Why did Protestants remove 7 books from the Bible?
During the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century, Martin Luther called for a greater focus on traditions in Christianity, among them using the books in the original Hebrew translation of the Bible. The decision to not uphold the value of those seven books shifted the theology of the Protestant church, he said.
Who went to heaven alive?
According to the post-biblical Jewish Midrash, eight people went to (or will go to) heaven (also referred to as the Garden of Eden and paradise) alive: Enoch, Noah‘s great grandfather (Genesis 5:22–24) Elijah (2 Kings 2:11) Serah, daughter of Asher, son of Jacob (Midrash Yalkut Shimoni (Yechezkel 367))
How many people can go to heaven?
Based on their understanding of scriptures such as Revelation 14:1-4, Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that exactly 144,000 faithful Christians go to heaven to rule with Christ in the kingdom of God.
What are the 3 levels of heaven?
According to this vision, all people will be resurrected and, at the Final Judgment, will be assigned to one of three degrees of glory, called the celestial, terrestrial, and telestial kingdoms.
Did Jesus have a wife?
Mary Magdalene as Jesus’s wife
She also featured prominently in the so-called Gnostic Gospels, a group of texts believed to have been written by early Christians as far back as the second century A.D., but not discovered until 1945, near the Egyptian town of Nag Hammadi.
What is the shortest book in the Bible?
The text consists of a single chapter, divided into 21 verses, making it the shortest book in the Hebrew Bible.
Book of Obadiah.
What Bible has all 73 books?
A Catholic Bible is a Christian Bible that includes the whole 73–book canon recognized by the Catholic Church, including the deuterocanonical books.