- 1 How do you cite the Bible in MLA format?
- 2 How do you cite the Holy Bible?
- 3 How do I cite the Bible in APA?
- 4 How do you cite the Bible KJV?
- 5 How do you cite the Bible app?
- 6 How do you cite the book of Job?
- 7 How do you cite the Bible Harvard?
- 8 How do I cite the Bible in APA 7?
- 9 How do you cite the New Living Bible in APA?
- 10 How do you do APA format?
- 11 How do you quote a psalm from the bible?
- 12 How do you cite a film?
- 13 How do you cite?
How do you cite the Bible in MLA format?
Refer to these basic formats to cite biblical references in your MLA citations. Title of the Bible, Version. Editor, Publisher, Year. The first time you cite the Bible in-text, include the name of the version of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s).
How do you cite the Holy Bible?
When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor. 13:4, 15:12-19.
How do I cite the Bible in APA?
To cite a specific passage from the Bible, include an abbreviated book title followed by a chapter and verse number in the in-text citation.
How to cite the Bible in APA Style.
|Format||Bible Version Title. (Year). Publisher. URL|
|Reference entry||English Standard Version Bible. (2001). ESV Online. https://esv.literalword.com/|
How do you cite the Bible KJV?
In either the sentence or the citation, include the book, chapter, verse(s), and translation with the first mention. Use the standard abbreviations for the books, and place the citation at the end of the sentence. For example: Jesus said, “Quote” (John 8:31–32 KJV).
How do you cite the Bible app?
Name of translation Version. App title, version number, Year of app publication. Example: The Bible.
How do you cite the book of Job?
MLA (7th ed.)
Scheindlin, Raymond P. The Book of Job. New York: W.W. Norton, 1998. Print.
How do you cite the Bible Harvard?
To be made up of:
- Book of the Bible.
- Chapter: verse.
- Holy Bible (not in italics).
- Version of the Holy Bible.
How do I cite the Bible in APA 7?
When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. When citing the Bible the in-text citation should follow the order of the template as shown below. Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
How do you cite the New Living Bible in APA?
APA (6th ed.)
Tyndale House Publishers. (2004). Holy Bible: New Living Translation. Wheaton, Ill: Tyndale House Publishers.
How do you do APA format?
APA Formatting Basics
- All text should be double-spaced.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides.
- All paragraphs in the body are indented.
- Make sure that the title is centered on the page with your name and school/institution underneath.
- Use 12-point font throughout.
- All pages should be numbered in the upper right hand corner.
How do you quote a psalm from the bible?
In APA style, the in-text citation for a psalm includes more specific information about the reference, so you do not include the Bible on your references page. Instead of a page number, the parenthetical citation lists the book, chapter and verse with a colon between the chapter and verse.
How do you cite a film?
Films or Movies
List films by their title. Include the name of the director, the film studio or distributor, and the release year. If relevant, list performer names after the director’s name.
How do you cite?
When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, like, for example, (Jones, 1998). One complete reference for each source should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.