- 1 What does it mean to triumph?
- 2 What does it mean to triumph over something?
- 3 What are synonyms for triumph?
- 4 What does the word triumphant?
- 5 What does scuppered mean?
- 6 Is Triumph an emotion?
- 7 What is the difference between victory and triumph?
- 8 What is an example of triumph?
- 9 How do you use the word triumph?
- 10 What is the opposite meaning of triumph?
- 11 What is better than a masterpiece?
- 12 What is the correct meaning of the word temperament?
- 13 What does vaporized mean?
- 14 What is a tenacious?
- 15 What does gratifying mean?
What does it mean to triumph?
1: to obtain victory: prevail. 2a: to receive the honor of a triumph. b: to celebrate victory or success boastfully or exultingly.
What does it mean to triumph over something?
v. To defeat someone or something, especially in a noteworthy contest: By the end of the movie, good triumphs over evil and everybody is happy.
What are synonyms for triumph?
In this page you can discover 48 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for triumph, like: victory, mastery, gain, success, achievement, prevail, jubilation, jubilate, conquest, overcome and celebration.
What does the word triumphant?
1: victorious, conquering triumphant armies. 2: rejoicing for or celebrating victory a triumphant shout. 3: notably successful a triumphant performance.
What does scuppered mean?
1: an opening cut through the bulwarks of a ship so that water falling on deck may flow overboard. 2: an opening in the wall of a building through which water can drain from a floor or flat roof. scupper. verb. scuppered; scuppering; scuppers.
Is Triumph an emotion?
A triumph is a great success or achievement, often one that has been gained with a lot of skill or effort. Triumph is a feeling of great satisfaction and pride resulting from a success or victory. Her sense of triumph was short-lived.
What is the difference between victory and triumph?
Victory An act of defeating an enemy or opponent in a battle, game, or other competition: “an election victory“. To triumph means to have a victory which emphasizes winning. 4 дня назад
What is an example of triumph?
The definition of a triumph is a victory or success. An example of triumph is someone winning a contest. To rejoice over a success or victory; exult. To receive honors upon return from a victory.
How do you use the word triumph?
- Hollywood’s favourite actor was modest about his latest triumph.
- The victorious army returned in triumph.
- Winning the championship is a great personal triumph.
- He was punching the air in triumph.
- He held up the prize in triumph.
- It was a personal triumph over her old rival.
What is the opposite meaning of triumph?
Opposite of a great victory or achievement. loss. defeat. beating. drubbing.
What is better than a masterpiece?
Masterpiece Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus.
What is another word for masterpiece?
What is the correct meaning of the word temperament?
1a: characteristic or habitual inclination or mode of emotional response a nervous temperament. b: extremely high sensibility especially: excessive sensitiveness or irritability.
What does vaporized mean?
transitive verb. 1: to convert (as by the application of heat or by spraying) into vapor. 2: to cause to become dissipated. 3: to destroy by or as if by converting into vapor a tank vaporized by a shell.
What is a tenacious?
1a: not easily pulled apart: cohesive a tenacious metal. b: tending to adhere or cling especially to another substance tenacious burs. 2a: persistent in maintaining, adhering to, or seeking something valued or desired a tenacious advocate of civil rights tenacious negotiators.
What does gratifying mean?
: giving pleasure or satisfaction: pleasing a gratifying result.