- 1 What does the Bible say about waiting for the Lord?
- 2 How many times does the Bible say to wait on the Lord?
- 3 Does waiting on God mean doing nothing?
- 4 What does it mean to be still and wait on the Lord?
- 5 What are the benefits of waiting on God?
- 6 Why does God say wait?
- 7 How can I be still and wait on the Lord?
- 8 Who waited the longest in the Bible?
- 9 What does it mean to wait upon the Lord and renew your strength?
- 10 How do you wait on God’s timing?
- 11 How do you wait patiently?
- 12 What do you do when you’re waiting?
- 13 What does it mean to be quiet before the Lord?
- 14 How do you be still and know that God is God?
- 15 What it means to be still?
What does the Bible say about waiting for the Lord?
Psalm 27:14 – “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” 3. 2 Peter 3:9 – “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”
How many times does the Bible say to wait on the Lord?
In the NIV “wait” is used 89 times. Not counting all the other forms like “waiting” “waited” “waits” and so forth. I don’t know, but the most important wait, is wait on the Lord and He shall renew your strength.
Does waiting on God mean doing nothing?
Sometimes the actual word ‘waiting‘ or the phrase ‘waiting on God‘ or ‘waiting upon God‘ is used in a scriptural passage. The truth is Waiting is one of the hardest things in our walk with Christ. Yet the bible is clear, just because you are waiting on your breakthrough, it does not mean that you are doing nothing.
What does it mean to be still and wait on the Lord?
It’s hard waiting on God’s promises without growing weary in well-doing, grouchy, impatient, or losing faith. During the waiting season, God will ask you to be still. Just be still and wait on the Lord and know that He is God. He will want you to be still and watch Him work; after all, He is in control.
What are the benefits of waiting on God?
*Waiting on God helps us to focus on the purpose and direction for our life according to God’s will. It’s important to take time to be still before God, falling deeply into Him, so we confidently know God’s will as we live out our daily lives.
Why does God say wait?
When God says, “Wait,” He doesn’t tell us for how long. When God says, “Wait,” we face one of life’s greatest tests. When God says, “Wait,” we have decisions to make. When God says, “Wait,” we can control only two things: how we wait, and who we become along the way.
How can I be still and wait on the Lord?
+ Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still. + Psalm 37:7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices! + Psalm 62:5 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.
Who waited the longest in the Bible?
Having died at the age of 969, he lived the longest of all figures mentioned in the Bible.
|Stained glass window of Methuselah from the southwest transept of Canterbury Cathedral in Kent, England|
|Known for||Exceptionally long life|
What does it mean to wait upon the Lord and renew your strength?
To those who take the time to wait upon the Lord, He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength and renews strength to mount up with wings like eagles, to shall run and not be weary and to walk and not faint.
How do you wait on God’s timing?
Reflect on past times that God has remained steadfast and supplied all your needs in periods of waiting, and give Him praise. Humble yourself and praise God that He is in control. Trust in His plan and that He is working out everything for good in your life. Pray and wait for the Lord.
How do you wait patiently?
Here are 15 scientific tricks that might make your wait a little easier.
- Turn on some music.
- Bring a friend.
- Be mindful.
- Think about that money-back guarantee.
- Accept that waiting is unavoidable.
- Take a deep breath.
- Think of it as practice.
- Remember that the wait feels longer than it is.
What do you do when you’re waiting?
9 Things You Can Do While You‘re Waiting
- Read a little.
- Floss and brush your teeth.
- If you want to freshen up but don’t have time for a shower, try washing your face.
- Put the dishes away (or in the dishwasher).
- Clean out a junk drawer.
- Review your social media accounts.
- Throw out old paperwork.
- Reach out to an old friend.
What does it mean to be quiet before the Lord?
First, what does being quiet before God mean? The words of God say: “Being at peace before God does not mean not cooking or doing chores, or not living one’s life; rather, it is being able to quiet one’s heart before God in all normal states, and to have a place for God in one’s heart.
How do you be still and know that God is God?
4 Ways to Be Still and Know that He is God
- Idea 1: Consider the Nations… and Turn Off the News. This psalm shows us that throughout time, people have been concerned about world events.
- Idea 2: Look Outdoors.
- Idea 3: Look at the People Around You.
- Idea 4: Look Inside Yourself.
- Psalm 46:8-11 (ESV)
What it means to be still?
“Be still‘ means to stop striving, stop fighting, relax. It also means to “put your hands down”. Sometimes we put our hands up to defend ourselves from all that life can bring our way. We put up our hands so that we can fight things off.