- 1 What does the Bible say about following the government?
- 2 What does God say about government leaders?
- 3 What does God say about the elect?
- 4 What does Bible say about leadership?
- 5 What does the Bible say about not working?
- 6 What does Jesus say about obeying government?
- 7 Can Christians defend themselves?
- 8 How do you pray for government leaders?
- 9 What does God say about authority?
- 10 Who are chosen by God?
- 11 What does it mean to be predestined by God?
- 12 Who are the chosen ones in the Bible?
- 13 What are the characteristics of a godly leader?
- 14 What makes a true leader?
- 15 What are Jesus qualities?
What does the Bible say about following the government?
The Bible speaks decisively to this issue. Romans 13:1-2 says: “Obey the government, for God is the One who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. So those who refuse to obey the law of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow.”
What does God say about government leaders?
The passage in question, chapter 13 of the Apostle Paul’s Letter to the Romans, reads, in part: “Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God.
What does God say about the elect?
Isaiah 42:1: “Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect Chosen One, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.”
What does Bible say about leadership?
“A good leader seeks the Lord, commits his way to the Lord and the Lord establishes the next steps.”
What does the Bible say about not working?
“But there’s also, you know, in the Scripture, tells us in 2 Thessalonians chapter 3:10 he says, uh, ‘for even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: if a man will not work, he shall not eat.
What does Jesus say about obeying government?
I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13 to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained them for the purpose of order. Orderly and lawful processes are good in themselves and protect the weak and lawful.
Can Christians defend themselves?
Correia often invokes Scripture to argue that in the event of an attack, a Christian has a right to self-defense. He pointed to the book of Nehemiah, contending that the biblical figure encouraged private citizens to arm themselves in self-defense while rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem.
How do you pray for government leaders?
God, thank You for the men and women who serve our country in leadership roles and for their families. Please provide our leaders with reminders each day of why they decided to dedicate their lives to public service, and use that commitment to encourage them.
Bible Gateway Romans 13:: NIV. Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
Who are chosen by God?
The Old Testament addressed them in Deuteronomy 14:2, “For you are a holy people to the Lord your God, and the Lord has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the people who are on the face of the earth.” To be chosen not only meant to be favored, but it required responsible actions.
What does it mean to be predestined by God?
Predestination, in Christian theology, is the doctrine that all events have been willed by God, usually with reference to the eventual fate of the individual soul. In this usage, predestination can be regarded as a form of religious determinism; and usually predeterminism, also known as theological determinism.
Who are the chosen ones in the Bible?
Chosen people, the Jewish people, as expressed in the idea that they have been chosen by God as his special people. The term implies that the Jewish people have been chosen by God to worship only him and to fulfill the mission of proclaiming his truth among all the nations of the world.
What are the characteristics of a godly leader?
“The Qualities of Godly Leadership“
- I. Be Alert. Be on your guard.
- II. Be Absolute in Your Faith. Stand firm in the faith.
- III. Be Active. Be men of courage (v.
- IV. Be Able. Be strong ( v.
- V. Create an Atmosphere. Do everything in love.
- Conclusion: God has called you and placed you where you are for His purpose.
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR. Rev.
What makes a true leader?
True leaders act with integrity and in doing so they establish trust. True leaders genuinely value their people and in doing so they create loyalty. True leaders are in the business of assisting people realise their full potential and in doing so they inspire excellence.
What are Jesus qualities?
Here are six ways Jesus is different from the leaders of today, and what those differences teach us.
- Jesus always speaks the truth.
- Jesus asks for more and offers more.
- Jesus values us more.
- Jesus values all of us.
- Jesus is motivated by compassion.
- Jesus forgives.