- 1 What does smite mean in the Bible?
- 2 What does the word smite mean in Hebrew?
- 3 What is the synonym of smote?
- 4 How do you use smote in a sentence?
- 5 What does smote mean?
- 6 What’s the meaning of shiver?
- 7 What does perplexed mean?
- 8 Why do we use smote?
- 9 What does thronging mean?
- 10 Is it smitten or smote?
- 11 What part of speech is smote?
- 12 How do you use descended in a sentence?
What does smite mean in the Bible?
1: to strike sharply or heavily especially with the hand or an implement held in the hand. 2a: to kill or severely injure by smiting. b: to attack or afflict suddenly and injuriously smitten by disease.
What does the word smite mean in Hebrew?
To smite is often used in the sense of a lethal blow. In some verses, God is said to smite when it is also clearly stated that someone else struck the blow.
What is the synonym of smote?
afflict, knock, hit, chasten, chastise, sock, defeat, visit, attack, buffet, dash, swat, smack, slap, wallop, strike, clobber, blast, whack, belt.
How do you use smote in a sentence?
Smote sentence example. The nobleman smote his breast. At last Zeus smote him with his thunderbolt, and destroyed the town (Apollodorus i. A plague smote the city, and when it was removed to Ekron, pestilence followed in its wake.
What does smote mean?
Smote is the past tense form of the verb smite, which is most frequently used to mean “to strike sharply or heavily especially with the hand or with something held in the hand,” or “to kill or severely injure by striking in such a way.” Smite has two past participle forms (the form used with have and be), smitten and
What’s the meaning of shiver?
to shake or tremble with cold, fear, excitement, etc.
What does perplexed mean?
1: filled with uncertainty: puzzled. 2: full of difficulty. Other Words from perplexed Synonyms Example Sentences Learn More about perplexed.
Why do we use smote?
SMOTE: Synthetic Minority Oversampling Technique
SMOTE is an oversampling technique where the synthetic samples are generated for the minority class. This algorithm helps to overcome the overfitting problem posed by random oversampling.
What does thronging mean?
1: to crowd upon: press a celebrity thronged by fans. 2: to crowd into: pack shoppers thronging the streets.
Is it smitten or smote?
However, over time the past tense smitten has come to mean being struck by love or affection. This is the most common usage and is past participle of “smite.” Smote on the other hand, is the simple past tense, and is still related to divine punishment.
What part of speech is smote?
|part of speech:||verb|
|definition:||past tense and a past participle of smite.|
How do you use descended in a sentence?
Use “descended” in a sentence | “descended” sentence examples
- The balloon descended gradually as the air came out.
- The same heavy, brooding silence descended on them.
- A hail of arrows descended from the tower.
- He descended from a royal family.
- He claimed he was descended from the Vikings.
- The path descended steeply into the valley.
- The guerrillas descended on the enemy.