- 1 What does fervently mean?
- 2 How can I pray more fervently?
- 3 What’s another word for fervently?
- 4 What is a fervent person?
- 5 Can people be fervent?
- 6 What does it mean to pray fervently?
- 7 What is the 4 types of prayer?
- 8 What is the best prayer to God?
- 9 What are the 7 steps of prayer?
- 10 What is the root word of fervently?
- 11 What is the opposite of fervently?
- 12 How do you use the word fervent?
- 13 What does effectual mean in the Bible?
- 14 Where is the Scripture the effectual fervent prayer?
- 15 What is the root word of fecundity?
What does fervently mean?
having or showing great warmth or intensity of spirit, feeling, enthusiasm, etc.; ardent: a fervent admirer; a fervent plea. hot; burning; glowing.
How can I pray more fervently?
So today, let’s talk about how to pray more fervently – even when it feels hard.
- Ask God to Reveal the Power of Prayer to You.
- Learn to Pray Strategically.
- Write out Your Prayers.
What’s another word for fervently?
Some common synonyms of fervent are ardent, fervid, impassioned, passionate, and perfervid. While all these words mean “showing intense feeling,” fervent stresses sincerity and steadiness of emotional warmth or zeal.
What is a fervent person?
Use fervent to describe a person or thing that shows very strong feelings or enthusiasm. The adjective fervent and the noun fervor are often associated with the feelings aroused by patriotism, religion, or a belief that you support or oppose.
Can people be fervent?
A fervent person has or shows strong feelings about something, and is very sincere and enthusiastic about it.
What does it mean to pray fervently?
1: very hot: glowing the fervent sun. 2: exhibiting or marked by great intensity of feeling: zealous fervent prayers a fervent proponent fervent patriotism.
What is the 4 types of prayer?
Forms of prayer. The tradition of the Catholic Church highlights four basic elements of Christian prayer: (1) Prayer of Adoration/Blessing, (2) Prayer of Contrition/Repentance, (3) Prayer of Thanksgiving/Gratitude, and (4) Prayer of Supplication/Petition/Intercession.
What is the best prayer to God?
Loving God, I pray that you will comfort me in my suffering, lend skill to the hands of my healers, and bless the means used for my cure. Give me such confidence in the power of your grace, that even when I am afraid, I may put my whole trust in you; through our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
What are the 7 steps of prayer?
- Step 1 – Abide in Christ the Vine.
- Step 2 – Pray in Faith.
- Step 3 – Stand on God’s Word.
- Step 4 – Pray in the Spirit.
- Step 5 – Persevere in Prayer.
- Step 6 – Use Different Types of Prayer.
- Step 7 – Flow in God’s Love.
What is the root word of fervently?
mid-14c., from Old French fervent “fervent, ardent” (12c.), from Latin ferventem (nominative fervens) “boiling, hot, glowing,” figuratively “violent, impetuous, furious,” present participle of fervere “to boil, glow,” from PIE root *bhreu- “to boil, bubble, effervesce, burn.” The figurative sense of “impassioned” is
What is the opposite of fervently?
What is the opposite of fervent?
How do you use the word fervent?
Fervent sentence example
- He was a fervent football supporter of the NFL.
- He was fervent in spirit serving the Lord.
- They were fervent of all folk musicians in Romania.
- He was a fervent nationalist.
- He was a fervent admirer of Milton.
What does effectual mean in the Bible?
: producing or able to produce a desired effect.
Where is the Scripture the effectual fervent prayer?
Prayers of The Righteous: The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16 Paperback – May 11, 2016. Find all the books, read about the author, and more. God’s Word says we can have confidence that when we pray, He hears us and we have the petitions we desire of Him.
What is the root word of fecundity?
The word fecund comes from the Latin word fecundus, meaning fruitful. But the English word does not just describe something or someone fertile, the adjective fecund can also be used to describe someone who is innovative or highly intellectually productive.