- 1 What does unjust mean in the Bible?
- 2 What are dissensions and factions?
- 3 What is another word for dissension?
- 4 What is the root word of dissension?
- 5 Does unjust mean unfair?
- 6 What’s the meaning of unjust?
- 7 What is the definition of dissensions?
- 8 Whats is a faction?
- 9 What does dis mean in dissension?
- 10 What does venerated mean?
- 11 What does carousing mean?
- 12 What does debauchery mean?
What does unjust mean in the Bible?
adjective. not just; lacking in justice or fairness: unjust criticism; an unjust ruler. Archaic. unfaithful or dishonest.
What are dissensions and factions?
is that faction is a group of people, especially within a political organization, which expresses a shared belief or opinion different from people who are not part of the group or faction can be a form of literature, film etc, that treats real people or events as if they were fiction; a mix of fact and fiction while
What is another word for dissension?
Some common synonyms of dissension are conflict, contention, discord, strife, and variance.
What is the root word of dissension?
and directly from Latin dissensionem (nominative dissensio) “disagreement, difference of opinion, discord, strife,” noun of action from past participle stem of dissentire “disagree,” from dis- “differently” (see dis-) + sentire “to feel, think” (see sense (n.)).
Does unjust mean unfair?
unjust in American English
1. not just or right; unfair; contrary to justice. 2. Obsolete. dishonest or unfaithful.
What’s the meaning of unjust?
1: characterized by injustice: unfair. 2 archaic: dishonest, faithless.
What is the definition of dissensions?
: disagreement especially: partisan and contentious quarreling causing dissension within the police department a colony threatened by religious dissension.
Whats is a faction?
A political faction is a group of individuals within a political party that share a common political purpose but differs in some respect to the rest of the entity. Factions are not limited to political parties; they can and frequently do form within any group that has some sort of political aim or purpose.
What does dis mean in dissension?
0. A difference of opinion; disagreement or, esp., discord as expressed in intense quarreling or wrangling, as within a group [dissension among party members]: often in dissension in the ranks, dissatisfaction with those in authority.
What does venerated mean?
Venerate, revere, reverence, worship, and adore all mean to honor and admire profoundly and respectfully. Venerate, incidentally, traces back to the Latin verb venerari, from vener-, meaning “love” or “charm.”
What does carousing mean?
intransitive verb. 1: to drink liquor freely or excessively. 2: to take part in a carouse: engage in dissolute behavior.
What does debauchery mean?
1: extreme indulgence in bodily pleasures and especially sexual pleasures: behavior involving sex, drugs, alcohol, etc. that is often considered immoral … he was glad when others joined them, men and women; and they had more drink and spent the night in wild rioting and debauchery.—