- 1 What are the 18 prophetic books of the Bible?
- 2 What are the 5 major prophetic books of the Bible?
- 3 What are the 17 books of prophecy in the Bible?
- 4 Which is the prophetic book in New Testament?
- 5 What are the 12 history books in the Bible?
- 6 Who is the first prophetess in the Bible?
- 7 How many prophetess do we have in the Bible?
- 8 Who are the 4 major prophets?
- 9 Who are the 12 major prophets?
- 10 How did God speak in the Old Testament?
- 11 Who are the 5 main prophets?
- 12 What are the two groups of prophetic writings?
- 13 Which books are in the New Testament?
- 14 How many prophetic books are there in the Old Testament?
- 15 Who are the prophets in the New Testament?
What are the 18 prophetic books of the Bible?
Terms in this set (18)
- book 1. Isaiah.
- book 2. Jeremiah.
- book 3. lamentations.
- book 4. Bharuch.
- book 5. Ezekiel.
- book 6. Daniel.
- book 7. hosea.
- book 8. Joel.
What are the 5 major prophetic books of the Bible?
The books, in order of their occurrence in the Christian Old Testament, are:
- Book of Isaiah.
- Book of Jeremiah.
- Book of Lamentations (in the Ketuvim (Writings) section of the Tanakh, ascribed to Jeremiah)
- Book of Baruch (not in Protestant Bibles, ascribed to Baruch ben Neriah, scribe of Jeremiah)
- Book of Ezekiel.
What are the 17 books of prophecy in the Bible?
In the Hebrew canon the Prophets are divided into (1) the Former Prophets (Joshua, Judges, Samuel, and Kings) and (2) the Latter Prophets (Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and the Twelve, or Minor, Prophets: Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi).
Which is the prophetic book in New Testament?
Book Of Revelation: ‘Visions, Prophecy And Politics’
What are the 12 history books in the Bible?
The historical books of the main Christian canons are as follows:
- Samuel, split in two in Christian Bibles: I Samuel. II Samuel.
- Kings, split in two in Christian Bibles: I Kings. II Kings.
- Chronicles, split in two in Christian Bibles: I Chronicles. II Chronicles.
- Ezra (1 Esdras)
- Nehemiah (2 Esdras)
Who is the first prophetess in the Bible?
According to William E. Phipps, Huldah is the first person to declare certain writings to be Holy Scripture. Huldah appears in the Hebrew Bible only in nine verses, 2 Kings 22:13–20, 2 Chronicles 34:22–28.
How many prophetess do we have in the Bible?
The seven prophetesses are: Sarah, Miriam, Deborah, Hannah, Huldah, Abigail, and Esther.
Who are the 4 major prophets?
The books of the major prophets – Isaiah, Jeremiah (with Lamentations and Baruch), Ezekiel and Daniel – go to make up this volume of the Navarre Bible.
Who are the 12 major prophets?
Most contemporary Bibles follow the order of the Jewish Masoretic traditions: Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi.
How did God speak in the Old Testament?
GOD SPEAKS! During the birth of Jesus, God spoke to Mary through an angel; he spoke to Joseph through a dream; he spoke to the shepherds through an angel and he spoke to the Magi through a dream. Yes, God speaks! But now that the Scriptures are complete, any word from God must be corroborated by the Bible.
Who are the 5 main prophets?
The five books of The Major Prophets (Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, and Daniel) cover a significant time span and present a wide array of messages. Isaiah spoke to the nation of Judah about 150 years before their exile into Babylonia and called them to be faithful to God.
What are the two groups of prophetic writings?
The canon of the Prophets
The Hebrew canon of the section of the Old Testament known as the Nevi’im, or the Prophets, is divided into two sections: the Former Prophets and the Latter Prophets. The Former Prophets contains four historical books—Joshua, Judges, Samuel, and Kings.
Which books are in the New Testament?
List of books of the New Testament
- Gospel According to Matthew.
- Gospel According to Mark.
- Gospel According to Luke.
- Gospel According to John.
- Acts of the Apostles.
- Letter of Paul to the Romans.
- Letters of Paul to the Corinthians. I Corinthians. II Corinthians.
- Letter of Paul to the Galatians.
How many prophetic books are there in the Old Testament?
The prophetic books are a division of the Christian Bible, grouping 18 books in the Old Testament.
Who are the prophets in the New Testament?
Fifteen named people with prophetic experiences and 70 elders
- Ananias of Damascus (Acts 9:10–18)
- Eldad (Numbers 11:26)
- Eliezer (2 Chronicles 20:37)
- Elisabeth, mother of John the Baptist (Luke 1:41)
- Elihu (Job 32–35)
- Jahaziel (2 Chronicles 20:14)
- Joseph (Genesis 37:5–11)
- Joseph, fosterfather of Jesus (Matthew 1:20)