- 1 What is the longest book in the Bible and how many chapters does it have?
- 2 What book has the longest chapters?
- 3 Which Bible has the most books?
- 4 What was the last name of Jesus?
- 5 Can you read the Bible in one day?
- 6 What is the shortest book in the world?
- 7 What is the longest book ever written?
- 8 What is the thickest book in the world?
- 9 What is the shortest Psalm in the Bible?
- 10 What is the shortest Bible chapter?
- 11 What is the last word in the Bible?
- 12 What are the 14 books removed from the Bible?
- 13 What books are missing from the Bible?
- 14 What 7 books were removed from the Bible?
What is the longest book in the Bible and how many chapters does it have?
The book of Psalms which has 150 chapters is the largest book of the Old Testament and the Bible in general.
What book has the longest chapters?
The longest average chapter lengths were Lord of the Rings (7,500), Prince of Nothing (8,700), and the beefiest chapters were found in The Black Company, with an average chapter length of 11,300 words.
Which Bible has the most books?
For example, the King James Bible contains 80 books: 39 in its Old Testament, 14 in its Apocrypha, and 27 in its New Testament.
What was the last name of Jesus?
Jesus does not have a last name. Last names were not common in those times. Christ is not a name, but a title. Christ means “anointed” or “Messiah”, so Jesus became the “Christ” or “Messiah” when he got baptized at the age of 30.
Can you read the Bible in one day?
It takes just 70 hours and 40 minutes to read the Bible through “at pulpit rate,” and aloud! It takes only 52 hours and 20 minutes to read the Old Testament, and just 18 hours and 20 minutes to read the New Testament. ‘One could read the Bible through in a year by reading less than 12 minutes a day!
What is the shortest book in the world?
The Dinosaur by Augusto Monterroso
Google The Dinosaur and you’ll be informed that no less an authority than novelist and literary critic Umberto Eco crowned it the world’s shortest novel.
What is the longest book ever written?
Over the years, there has been some controversy over what constitutes the world’s longest novel. The Guinness Book of World Records gives the honor to Marcel Proust’s elephantine Remembrance of Things Past, weighing in at 9,609,000 characters (including spaces).
What is the thickest book in the world?
Agatha Christie book is the world’s thickest. A book with a collection of all of Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple stories is recognised by the Guinness World Records as the thickest book published. More than a foot thick, the 4,032-pages book weighs 8.04kg, and has 12 novels and 20 short stories.
What is the shortest Psalm in the Bible?
Consisting of only two verses, Psalm 117 is the shortest psalm and also the shortest chapter in the whole Bible. In the slightly different numbering system in the Greek Septuagint and the Latin Vulgate version of the Bible, this psalm is Psalm 116.
What is the shortest Bible chapter?
Psalm 117, the shortest chapter, is also the middle chapter of the Bible, being the 595th Chapter. Psalm 103:1-2 being the 15551st and 15552nd verses is in the middle of the 31102 verses of the Bible. Psalm 119 is the longest chapter of the Bible. Five books are a single chapter: Obadiah, Philemon, 2 & 3 John, Jude.
What is the last word in the Bible?
In the King James Version of the Bible, the last word is “Amen.” The last book of the Bible is the “Book of Revelation,” and the last verse is 22:21.
What are the 14 books removed from the Bible?
The section contains the following:
- 1 Esdras (Vulgate 3 Esdras)
- 2 Esdras (Vulgate 4 Esdras)
- Judith (“Judeth” in Geneva)
- Rest of Esther (Vulgate Esther 10:4 – 16:24)
- Ecclesiasticus (also known as Sirach)
- Baruch and the Epistle of Jeremy (“Jeremiah” in Geneva) (all part of Vulgate Baruch)
What books are missing from the Bible?
Contents of The Lost Books of the Bible
- The Protevangelion.
- The Gospel of the Infancy of Jesus Christ.
- The Infancy Gospel of Thomas.
- The Epistles of Jesus Christ and Abgarus King of Edessa.
- The Gospel of Nicodemus (Acts of Pilate)
- The Apostles’ Creed (throughout history)
- The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Laodiceans.
What 7 books were removed from the Bible?
A: There are seven books in the Catholic Bible — Baruch, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees, Sirach, Tobit and Wisdom — that are not included in the Protestant version of the Old Testament. These books are referred to as the deuterocanonical books.