- 1 Does the Bible say to take care of yourself?
- 2 What does the Bible say about rest and self care?
- 3 What does Bible say about taking care of your body?
- 4 Where in the Bible does it say to take care of your own first?
- 5 Does God want us to help ourselves?
- 6 How did Jesus care for himself?
- 7 What does Psalms 46 5 say?
- 8 What are examples of self care?
- 9 What does the Bible say about helping those who don’t help themselves?
- 10 Why does God want us to take care of our bodies?
- 11 What God says about your body?
- 12 What does the Bible say about tattoos?
- 13 What is a good Bible verse for family?
- 14 What does the Bible say about getting your house in order?
- 15 What does God say about a man providing for his family?
Does the Bible say to take care of yourself?
No, the Bible does not tell us, in so many words, to practice self-care. But taking care of yourself is assumed, a given. The Bible says to “love your neighbor as you love yourself” (Mark 12:31 NIV). But it is a given that we will take care of ourselves, that we do treat ourselves with love and consideration.
What does the Bible say about rest and self care?
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Notice that Jesus didn’t seek solitude idly.
What does Bible say about taking care of your body?
In 1 Corinthians 10:31, we are told to do whatever we do to the glory of God. If you choose to not follow a healthy lifestyle, to not eat in a healthy manner, to not practice self-control, to not exercise, and to not care about your body, you are choosing to not honor God.
Where in the Bible does it say to take care of your own first?
Then you go all the way back to 1 Timothy 5:8, I believe it is, and it says to take care of your own household first. Your first goal after the tithe is take care of your household. Then above that to support other ministries and other things with your giving.
Does God want us to help ourselves?
To the statement “The Bible teaches that God helps those who help themselves“; 53% of Americans agree strongly, 22% agree somewhat, 7% disagree somewhat, 14% disagree strongly, and 5% stated they don’t know. Of “born-again” Christians 68% agreed, and 81% of non “born-again” Christians agreed with the statement.
How did Jesus care for himself?
When he finished preaching, he would rest and eat a big meal. When he was overwhelmed, he retreated to pray alone. In short, start small–just check in with yourself daily. Start a prayer journal, or choose a Bible that you’ll actually use.
What does Psalms 46 5 say?
“God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.”
What are examples of self care?
- Develop a regular sleep routine.
- Aim for a healthy diet.
- Take lunch breaks.
- Go for a walk at lunchtime.
- Take your dog for a walk after work.
- Use your sick leave.
- Get some exercise before/after work regularly.
What does the Bible say about helping those who don’t help themselves?
Originally Answered: What does the Bible say about helping those who won’t help themselves? The Bible says, “if any would not work, neither should he eat” (2 Thessalonians 3:10). This does not say if a person can’t work, but that he or she will not work.
Why does God want us to take care of our bodies?
We take care of our bodies because it is in His word. We are to offer our body as a living sacrifice. Our bodies are given to us to do His work. A healthy body gives us the energy to do God’s work.
What God says about your body?
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 – “Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.”
What does the Bible say about tattoos?
The verse in the Bible that most Christians make reference to is Leviticus 19:28, which says,”You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.” So, why is this verse in the Bible?
What is a good Bible verse for family?
Bible Verses About Family Love
- “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” – Ephesians 5:25.
- “Love is patient, love is kind.
- “Let love be genuine.
- “We love because he first loved us.” –
- “So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” –
What does the Bible say about getting your house in order?
It says so in the Bible. Rev. 21:1, “Then I (John the Apostle) saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.” God’s Word (The Bible) says that to get your house in order, you need salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ.
What does God say about a man providing for his family?
He provided as the head of our family, providing us with wisdom and leadership. He provided for us as a Godly example of selfless service and love. So what does God say about husbands providing for their families? “Ephesians 5:25 ESV – Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.”