- 1 What does the Bible say about being called to serve?
- 2 What does the Bible say about serving your master?
- 3 What does the Bible say about taking care of the church?
- 4 What does the Bible say about serving your husband?
- 5 How do I know God is calling me to ministry?
- 6 What is God’s phone number?
- 7 Why is Jesus called master?
- 8 What is mammon?
- 9 What does the Bible say about servants of God?
- 10 How do you take care of a pastor?
- 11 How do you take care of church members?
- 12 Is the church a physical building?
- 13 What does it mean for a wife to be submissive to her husband?
- 14 What is a wife’s responsibility to her husband?
- 15 What does the Bible say about a wife’s body?
What does the Bible say about being called to serve?
1 Peter 4:10-11. Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.
What does the Bible say about serving your master?
Two verses from Paul in the New Testament – Ephesians 6:5 and Colossians 3:22 – call on slaves to be obedient to their masters. “Bondservants, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not by way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord.
What does the Bible say about taking care of the church?
“Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood” (Acts 20:28, ESV).
What does the Bible say about serving your husband?
Ephesians 5:22-24, KJV
“Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.”
How do I know God is calling me to ministry?
- You possess the traits of a spiritual leader. In Paul’s letter, 1 Timothy 3, he describes the qualities of God’s shepherds.
- You have a fervent desire to serve God.
- You’ve been told you’re well-suited for ministry.
- God is flinging open the door of opportunity.
- You’re spirit-filled.
- Strong Evidence.
What is God’s phone number?
In the 2003 Jim Carrey comedy “Bruce Almighty,” God’s phone number (776-2323, no area code) appears on the Carrey character’s pager, so of course moviegoers called it and asked to speak to God.
Why is Jesus called master?
Early Christians viewed Jesus as “the Lord” and the Greek word Kyrios (κύριος) which may mean God, lord or master appears over 700 times in the New Testament, referring to him. In everyday Aramaic, Mari was a very respectful form of polite address, well above “Teacher” and similar to Rabbi.
What is mammon?
Mammon, biblical term for riches, often used to describe the debasing influence of material wealth. The term was used by Jesus in his famous Sermon on the Mount and also appears in The Gospel According to Luke.
What does the Bible say about servants of God?
1 Peter 2:16 describes “servants of God” (Θεοῦ δοῦλοι, Theou douloi) being free to act within the bounds of God’s will. Following usage conventions established in the King James Bible, the word “servant” is never capitalized or used as a title of nobility. (“The servant is not greater than his lord.”)
How do you take care of a pastor?
Encourage your pastor to take vacation time – where they actually go away for recreation and rest. Often pastors care about our congregations so much that they feel guilty leaving. We can help them out by stepping in to help cover all the bases while the pastor is on vacation! Gift Your Pastor.
How do you take care of church members?
35 Tips for Church Caring Ministries
- Send cards and encouragement often.
- Plan to clean the house or do yard maintenance.
- Organize hospital or home visits to brighten a person’s day!
- Create a basket of small individually wrapped gifts so the recipient will have a basket of cheer they can go to whenever they need a lift.
Is the church a physical building?
A church building, church house, or simply church, is a building used for Christian worship services and other Christian religious activities. The term is used to refer to the physical buildings where Christians worship and also to refer to the community of Christians.
What does it mean for a wife to be submissive to her husband?
Submission looks like respecting your husband’s point of view. It means humbly sharing your opinion with him. It means not invalidating him, especially in front of others. It means trusting his decision as a leader, while feeling empowered to give your own point of view.
What is a wife’s responsibility to her husband?
As a wife, she is expected to serve her husband, preparing food, clothing and other personal needs. As a mother, she has to take care of the children and their needs, including education.
What does the Bible say about a wife’s body?
The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer.