- 1 What is the most accurate translation of the Bible in the world?
- 2 What are the different versions of the Bible?
- 3 How many languages has the Bible not been translated into?
- 4 How many languages was the Bible translated into before English?
- 5 What Bible did Billy Graham use?
- 6 Why is the King James Bible the most accurate?
- 7 What is the most accurate Bible?
- 8 What is the easiest Bible to read and understand?
- 9 Which Bible version is best?
- 10 What is a real name of Jesus?
- 11 What is the oldest Bible version?
- 12 Who was killed for translating the Bible into English?
- 13 What is God’s original language?
- 14 How many times was the Bible translated before the King James version?
- 15 Which Bible translation is closest to original Hebrew Greek?
What is the most accurate translation of the Bible in the world?
King James Version ( KJV)
After over 400 years, King James Version is still the most accurate bible translation and the best on the planet!
What are the different versions of the Bible?
- English Standard Version.
- King James Version.
- New American Standard Bible.
- New English Bible.
- New International Version.
- New King James Version.
- New Living Translation.
- New Revised Standard Version.
How many languages has the Bible not been translated into?
About 2,200 languages remain without a Bible. About 350 million people, mostly in India, China, sub-Saharan Africa and Papua New Guinea, speak only these languages.
How many languages was the Bible translated into before English?
By the late 20th century the entire Bible had been translated into more than 250 languages, and portions of the Bible had been published in more than 1,300 of the world’s languages. New translations of the Bible into English proliferated in the 20th century.
What Bible did Billy Graham use?
During Billy Graham’s public ministry throughout the latter half of the 20th century, the King James Version was the most popular translation of the Bible. It doesn’t come as a surprise that this is the Bible which Reverend Graham chose to use most often during his sermons.
Why is the King James Bible the most accurate?
Published in 1611, the King James Bible spread quickly throughout Europe. Because of the wealth of resources devoted to the project, it was the most faithful and scholarly translation to date—not to mention the most accessible.
What is the most accurate Bible?
The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT) is a translation of the Bible published by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society.
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.
|New World Translation|
|Complete Bible published||1961|
|Textual basis||OT: Biblia Hebraica. NT: Westcott & Hort.|
What is the easiest Bible to read and understand?
The Holy Bible: Easy-to-Read Version (ERV) is an English translation of the Bible compiled by the World Bible Translation Center. It was originally published as the English Version for the Deaf (EVD) by BakerBooks.
Which Bible version is best?
More than 450 translations into English have been written. The New Revised Standard Version is the version most commonly preferred by biblical scholars.
- King James Version (55%)
- New International Version (19%)
- New Revised Standard Version (7%)
- New American Bible (6%)
- The Living Bible (5%)
- All other translations (8%)
What is a real name of Jesus?
Jesus‘ name in Hebrew was “Yeshua” which translates to English as Joshua.
What is the oldest Bible version?
Its oldest complete copy in existence is the Leningrad Codex, dating to c. 1000 CE. The Samaritan Pentateuch is a version of the Torah maintained by the Samaritan community since antiquity and rediscovered by European scholars in the 17th century; the oldest existing copies date to c. 1100 CE.
Who was killed for translating the Bible into English?
William Tyndale, (born c. 1490–94, near Gloucestershire, England—died October 6, 1536, Vilvoorde, near Brussels, Brabant), English biblical translator, humanist, and Protestant martyr.
What is God’s original language?
It is variously interpreted as either the language used by God to address Adam (the divine language), or the language invented by Adam with which he named all things (including Eve), as in the second Genesis creation narrative (Genesis 2:19).
How many times was the Bible translated before the King James version?
There were eleven English translations of the Bible before the King James Version. Wyclif’s Bible, Early Version EV (1380) by John Wycliffe. Wycliffe’s first version is a literal word for word translation of the Vulgate for use in canon law.
Which Bible translation is closest to original Hebrew Greek?
The Septuagint (LXX), the very first translation of the Hebrew Bible into Greek, later became the accepted text of the Old Testament in the Christian church and the basis of its canon.