- 1 What’s a good scripture for comfort?
- 2 What to pray for someone who has lost a loved one?
- 3 How do you encourage a bereaved person?
- 4 What does God say in times of trouble?
- 5 What is an uplifting Bible verse?
- 6 What is the best condolence message?
- 7 What is a good sympathy message?
- 8 What can I say instead of sorry for your loss?
- 9 What are the most comforting words?
- 10 How do you comfort someone?
- 11 What does Psalm 27 say?
- 12 What does the Bible say about struggles?
- 13 What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
What’s a good scripture for comfort?
Here are 10 Bible verses with words that have the power to give that comfort.
- Job 5:11 The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
- Psalm 27:13-14 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
- Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
What to pray for someone who has lost a loved one?
Prayer for Loss
Please keep and carry these precious people in their sadness and loss. Cover them with your great wings of love, give their weary hearts rest and their minds sound sleep. Lord, lift their eyes so that they may catch a glimpse of eternity, and be comforted by the promise of heaven.
How do you encourage a bereaved person?
The Right Words of Comfort for Someone Grieving
- I’m sorry.
- I care about you.
- He/she will be dearly missed.
- He/she is in my thoughts and prayers.
- You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
- You are important to me.
- My condolences.
- I hope you find some peace today.
What does God say in times of trouble?
Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Psalm 34:10b Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. Isaiah 26: 3-4 Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you.
What is an uplifting Bible verse?
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Jesus is our hope. When we hope and have faith in Him, He renews our strength.
What is the best condolence message?
I am truly sorry for your loss. I would like to offer you and your family our deepest and most sincere condolences and may the soul of your grandfather rest in peace. Our condolences to you and your family on the passing of your aunt. May our friendship and prayers ease you through this difficult time.
What is a good sympathy message?
Common Sympathy Card Messages
“I am so sorry for your loss.” “My deepest sympathy for your loss.” “Words fail to express my deep sorrow for your loss.” “My heart goes out to you and your family.”
What can I say instead of sorry for your loss?
10 Things To Say Instead of “I’m Sorry for Your Loss”
- I am so sorry to learn about John’s passing.
- My heart breaks with you at the loss of your daughter, Bethany.
- Your mom lived a long life!
- No words I can offer will make this hurt go away.
What are the most comforting words?
Comforting Words for Hard Times
- “Dawn Will Come.” Really.
- “Worrying Won’t Do Us Any Good.”
- “Let’s Consider the Positive Things.”
- “Recognize the Challenge and Do Something About It.”
- “Things Won’t Always Be This Bad.”
- “Don’t Give Up.”
- “Hope Can Never Be Taken Away.”
- “Do Something to Help Others.”
How do you comfort someone?
How Do We Comfort Someone?
- 1. “ Witness their feelings”
- Affirm that their feelings make sense.
- Draw out their feelings inorder to better understand what they feel.
- Don’t minimize their pain or focus only on cheering them up.
- Offer physical affection if appropriate.
- Affirm your support and commitment.
What does Psalm 27 say?
Psalm 27 1
The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
What does the Bible say about struggles?
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Deuteronomy 31:6,8 Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.
What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”