- 1 How do you cite the Holy Bible in MLA?
- 2 How do you reference a Bible?
- 3 How do you cite the Bible in a reference list?
- 4 Is the Bible italicized in mla?
- 5 How do you cite the King James Bible in MLA?
- 6 How do you cite a study Bible?
- 7 How do you reference the Bible Harvard?
- 8 How do u cite a website?
- 9 How do you cite an online Bible?
- 10 What does ESV Bible stand for?
- 11 How do you cite the Bible in APA 6th edition?
- 12 Should the Old Testament be italicized?
- 13 Do you italicize social media sites?
- 14 How do you cite the book of Genesis in MLA format?
How do you cite the Holy Bible in MLA?
Refer to these basic formats to cite biblical references in your MLA citations. Title of the Bible, Version. Editor, Publisher, Year. The first time you cite the Bible in-text, include the name of the version of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s).
How do you reference a Bible?
When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor. 13:4, 15:12-19.
How do you cite the Bible in a reference list?
To cite a specific passage from the Bible, include an abbreviated book title followed by a chapter and verse number in the in-text citation.
How to cite the Bible in APA Style.
|Format||Bible Version Title. (Year). Publisher. URL|
|Reference entry||English Standard Version Bible. (2001). ESV Online. https://esv.literalword.com/|
Is the Bible italicized in mla?
For guidelines for citing the Bible following MLA 7th ed., see here. Do not italicize, underline, or use quotation marks for books and versions of the Bible. Do italicize the titles of individual published editions of the Bible.
How do you cite the King James Bible in MLA?
Put the citation in a “Work Cited” list at the conclusion of your report. If you are typing, make sure to italicize the citation. Write “The Holy Bible: King James Version” followed by the publishing city and state (abbreviated), publisher company name and year it was published.
How do you cite a study Bible?
In your Works Cited, include the title of the Bible, the version, and the publication information. Here are some examples for citing print and online editions of the Bible: Example: Zondervan NIV Study Bible (K. L. Barker, Ed.; Full rev. ed.).
How do you reference the Bible Harvard?
To be made up of:
- Book of the Bible.
- Chapter: verse.
- Holy Bible (not in italics).
- Version of the Holy Bible.
How do u cite a website?
Cite web postings as you would a standard web entry. Provide the author of the work, the title of the posting in quotation marks, the web site name in italics, the publisher, and the posting date. Follow with the date of access. Include screen names as author names when author name is not known.
How do you cite an online Bible?
Whether you are citing a print or online version of the Bible, the in-text citation format remains the same. You will need the Bible verse you are quoting, including the book name, chapter number, and verse number. For longer book names, you will use an abbreviated version in your in-text citation (MLA Handbook 1872).
What does ESV Bible stand for?
The second translation hoping to pick up some of the Bible share lost by the NIV is the English Standard Version (ESV), announced in February by Crossway Books.
How do you cite the Bible in APA 6th edition?
- Reference list. Title. ( Date of Publication). Publisher. (
- Reference for an online Bible. Title. ( Date of Publication).
- Examples from an edition of the New International Version with abbreviated title. Narrative citation first time cited. The Holy Bible: New International Version [NIV] (1978/1983, John 3:16)
Should the Old Testament be italicized?
In the body of your text, general references to scriptural works like the Bible, Talmud, and Koran should not be italicized unless you refer to a specific published edition. The first part of the Christian Bible is known as the Old Testament.
Twitter (or any social media title) should not be italicized, but should be simply capitalized as a proper noun. Italics are reserved for titles of: Books. Journals.
How do you cite the book of Genesis in MLA format?
Inside the paper, when quoting directly from the Bible, offer parenthetical citations: not author and page (God 2307), but book, chapter and verse (Genesis 2:4). MLA recommends a period between chapter and verse (1 Chron. 13.2) but acknowledges that the colon is customary.