- 1 What the Bible says about government?
- 2 What does the Bible say about politics and voting KJV?
- 3 What does Bible say about leadership?
- 4 What does Jesus say about election?
- 5 Can Christians defend themselves?
- 6 What does the Bible say about not working?
- 7 What makes a true leader?
- 8 What are the characteristics of a godly leader?
- 9 What are Jesus qualities?
- 10 What is the biblical definition of election?
- 11 Does the Bible talk about elections?
- 12 Is the word election in the Bible?
What the Bible says about government?
The passage in question, chapter 13 of the Apostle Paul’s Letter to the Romans, reads, in part: “Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God.
What does the Bible say about politics and voting KJV?
Deuteronomy 1:13 Take you wise men, and understanding, and known among your tribes, and I will make them rulers over you. Romans 13:1-14 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
What does Bible say about leadership?
“A good leader seeks the Lord, commits his way to the Lord and the Lord establishes the next steps.”
What does Jesus say about election?
Isaiah 42:1: “Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect Chosen One, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.”
Can Christians defend themselves?
Correia often invokes Scripture to argue that in the event of an attack, a Christian has a right to self-defense. He pointed to the book of Nehemiah, contending that the biblical figure encouraged private citizens to arm themselves in self-defense while rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem.
What does the Bible say about not working?
“But there’s also, you know, in the Scripture, tells us in 2 Thessalonians chapter 3:10 he says, uh, ‘for even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: if a man will not work, he shall not eat.
What makes a true leader?
True leaders act with integrity and in doing so they establish trust. True leaders genuinely value their people and in doing so they create loyalty. True leaders are in the business of assisting people realise their full potential and in doing so they inspire excellence.
What are the characteristics of a godly leader?
“The Qualities of Godly Leadership“
- I. Be Alert. Be on your guard.
- II. Be Absolute in Your Faith. Stand firm in the faith.
- III. Be Active. Be men of courage (v.
- IV. Be Able. Be strong ( v.
- V. Create an Atmosphere. Do everything in love.
- Conclusion: God has called you and placed you where you are for His purpose.
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR. Rev.
What are Jesus qualities?
Here are six ways Jesus is different from the leaders of today, and what those differences teach us.
- Jesus always speaks the truth.
- Jesus asks for more and offers more.
- Jesus values us more.
- Jesus values all of us.
- Jesus is motivated by compassion.
- Jesus forgives.
What is the biblical definition of election?
Introduction. Election within the Bible is the notion that God favors some individuals and groups over others, an idea that finds fullest expression in the Hebrew Bible’s affirmation, supported in the New Testament, that Israel is God’s chosen people.
Does the Bible talk about elections?
When we involve ourselves in elections, we “speak out for those who cannot speak… [and] defend the rights of the poor and needy” (Proverbs 31:8-9).
Is the word election in the Bible?
In the Old Testament
The Old Testament applies the term “elect” to the Israelites in as far as they are called to be the chosen people, or people of God, or are faithful to their divine call. The idea of such an election is common in Deuteronomy and in Isaiah 40-66.