- 1 What is the definition of a disciple in the Bible?
- 2 What are the characteristics of a disciple?
- 3 What is difference between disciple and apostle?
- 4 What the Bible says about being a disciple?
- 5 Is everyone called to be a disciple?
- 6 Who was the female disciple?
- 7 What is the role of a disciple?
- 8 What are the 3 aspects of discipleship?
- 9 What are the benefits of being a disciple?
- 10 What was Jesus’s wife’s name?
- 11 Who can be called an apostle?
- 12 Which disciples become apostles?
- 13 How do you become a true disciple?
What is the definition of a disciple in the Bible?
1: one who accepts and assists in spreading the doctrines of another: such as. a Christianity: one of the twelve in the inner circle of Christ’s followers according to the Gospel accounts. b: a convinced adherent of a school or individual a disciple of Freud.
What are the characteristics of a disciple?
What are qualities of discipleship? Qualities of discipleship include going to share the Good News to non-believers, teaching, loving God, loving others, standing out, denying ourselves, being firm in God’s word, fellowship with other believers, imitators of Christ, dedicated, steadfast, and investing in missions.
What is difference between disciple and apostle?
While a disciple is a student, one who learns from a teacher, an apostle is sent to deliver those teachings to others. “Apostle” means messenger, he who is sent. An apostle is sent to deliver or spread those teachings to others. We can say that all apostles were disciples but all disciples are not apostles.
What the Bible says about being a disciple?
2. Matthew 28:19-20. “ Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
Is everyone called to be a disciple?
All believers are called to make disciples.”
Who was the female disciple?
“Apart from ‘the twelve’ there was Mary called Magdalene, Joanna and Suzanna. “Luke’s gospel says the women were providing for Jesus’s disciples ‘out of their own resources’.
What is the role of a disciple?
In the world of the Bible, a disciple was a person who followed a teacher, or rabbi, or master, or philosopher. The disciple desired to learn not only the teaching of the rabbi, but to imitate the practical details of their life.
What are the 3 aspects of discipleship?
The 3 Kinds of Discipleship
- Person-Oriented Discipleship. This is where most discipleship relationships begin, particularly between a Christian and a non-Christian.
- Content-Oriented Discipleship.
- Task-Oriented Discipleship.
What are the benefits of being a disciple?
Now, the benefits of one-on-one discipleship:
- Discipleship creates opportunities to share the Gospel.
- Discipleship helps you build strong relationships with newer Christians.
- Discipleship helps you learn to better teach basic Bible truths.
- Discipleship helps you memorize Scripture.
What was Jesus’s wife’s name?
Mary Magdalene as Jesus’s wife.
Who can be called an apostle?
Apostle, (from Greek apostolos, “person sent”), any of the 12 disciples chosen by Jesus Christ. The term is sometimes also applied to others, especially Paul, who was converted to Christianity a few years after Jesus’ death.
Which disciples become apostles?
When morning came, he called his disciples to him and chose twelve of them, whom he also designated apostles: Simon (whom he named Peter), his brother Andrew, James, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, Simon who was called the Zealot, Judas son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a
How do you become a true disciple?
How to Become a ‘True Disciple‘ of Jesus?
- Lord Jesus Should Be the Sole Most Important Person in Your Life.
- Become the ‘Living Sacrifice’
- Follow the Word. According to ‘John: 8:31’ in the bible, Jesus had told Jews who believed ‘Him’ that they should be ‘His’ disciples.
- Pray and Watch.
- Fellowship with the Different Believers.
- Witness for Lord Jesus.